Variable energy prices EasyEnergy (NL)

The intergration works great, thank. Is it possible to see the prices an hour for today and tomorrow in the future.

At the moment there is no support for this (mapping the hour prices), this has to do with how we handle attributes in core and that we don’t want to overload the state machine with data. There are ideas to tackle this better in the future, but we have not reached that stage yet.

thanks for the beta.

Would be awsome to add the tax to it.
Like the price with tax included (option) like on this screenshot.

regards

2 Likes

I think this should be fairly simple to add to the snesor file?

Current file:

SENSORS: tuple[EasyEnergySensorEntityDescription, …] = (
EasyEnergySensorEntityDescription(
key=“current_hour_price”,
name=“Current hour”,
service_type=“today_gas”,
state_class=SensorStateClass.MEASUREMENT,
native_unit_of_measurement=f"{CURRENCY_EURO}/{UnitOfVolume.CUBIC_METERS}",
value_fn=lambda data: data.gas_today.current_price if data.gas_today else None,

Perhaps we need to modify the value statement? Don’t know how to do it, but perhaps some of you know?

something like this?
value_fn=lambda data: ((data.gas_today.current_price*1,21)+0,1089+0,01903+0,59266) if data.gas_today else None,

I think you charge double VAT on the basic price now :wink:

Hi Klaas,

the pricing we get with your integration already includes VAT? (yes is the answer :))
And would my line work if I change it (sorry, i’m a real noob in programming / code)

The prices we collect are standard including VAT. I think your code will work, although my preference would be to work with a template entity.

Don;t know how to make a template entity… but this works :slight_smile:

SENSORS: tuple[EasyEnergySensorEntityDescription, …] = (
EasyEnergySensorEntityDescription(
key=“current_hour_price”,
name=“Current hour”,
service_type=“today_gas”,
state_class=SensorStateClass.MEASUREMENT,
native_unit_of_measurement=f"{CURRENCY_EURO}/{UnitOfVolume.CUBIC_METERS}",
value_fn=lambda data: (data.gas_today.current_price+0.1089+0.01903+0.59266) if data.gas_today else None,

Well at least easier than running the integration as a custom and messing around in the python code :rofl:

At the end of this month I will also put another blog online, with some additional information (such as the template entities) about the easyEnergy integration.

FYI, we are currently working on a solution to request hourly price data via a service call in the core integration, so that you have the option to put this in a template sensor. This makes it possible to map all prices into a nice Apexchart again :wink: