Velux Component for KLF 200 doesn't support the new API with Firmware 2.0.0.71

yesterday, when i restarted HA, the velux component was not able to setup, had indeed to reboot the KLF200

i thought the connection was dropped after 15 minutes? i rebooted HA after several hours of uptime

though i cant reproduce, if i keep on restarting HA now every minute it everytime loads succesfull :slight_smile:

1 Like

for info:
Nice guy @pawlizio created a HACS custom component, actually it reboots the gateway upon restart / reboot HA
so no need to power off/on the gateway anymore

also this automation is needed :

- id: 'KLF_reboot'
  initial_state: 'on'
  alias: KLF reboot on hass stop event
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - event_data: {}
    event_type: homeassistant_stop
    platform: event
  condition: []
  action:
  - data: {}
    service: my_velux.reboot_gateway
  mode: single
3 Likes

Thank you!!

hi,

hi, i know we can use this integration in HA
but does anyone know if we can use the KLF with Rest API commands, like Curl ?
anyone got an example?

This automation is different than the official one : Velux - Home Assistant
I was able get my velux working with but not anymore even if i reboot the KLF manually.
So for me nothing works.
Please need some help to figure it out :wink:

I do the automation restart when I do a restart of HA, not upon start

It worked back

Hi,

I bought a Velux KLF200 and I have connected and “paired” with my IO devices (I can show my Somfy IO devices), but I can’t integrated on my HA, I tryed with restart and some differents passwords… but I show always this message!

Someone can I help me, please?

Did you try the password on back?

Yes I tryed with this “velux123”

Hmm, I’ll have a look at my password Tomorrow

You need to use the other password: 2Em29………

1 Like

Indeed, I also used the other password…

Don’t forget to create the automation to reboot the gateway upon restart HA, it’s needed

Oooo yes!!,

Thanks!!

Hi,

from what you wrote should I interpret you can pair Somfy devices to KLF200?
In that case what kind of devices?

Yes, yes.

I have 10 motors Somfy IO.

Thanks you.

just got a KLF200 today, migrated my linked somfy IO roller shutters. able to setup everything with the wifi network it creates. but totally unable to connect to it from home assistant.

when HA starts it does seem to connect to the KLF but nothing appears in the logs (the light on the KLF does turn solid white). no entities or devices seem to be created in HA either. no errors, nothing.

also unable to configure the velux integration through the UI. anyone got any clue where to start debugging this?

placed at the bottom of my configuration.yml

velux:
host: “192.168.100.115”
password: “wifipasswordhere”

not sure what happened, activated debugging to debug the issue, restarted HA. suddenly the roller shutters as covers in entities show up.

Has anyone in the US successfully upgraded their KLF200 firmware to the 2.0.0.71 version?