Velux integration does not show up and cannot be installed?

Hi Community!

I’m trying to install the Velux integration (KLF-200) to my Home Assistant (raspberry pi) 2022.4.3.

When i browse to the integration tab in HA, i cannot find the “velux” integration, however its available at Velux - Home Assistant

Trying to find a work-around by installing the integration via the official HA intergration library is resulting in an error;

Error
This integration does not support configuration via the UI. If you followed this link from the Home Assistant website, make sure you run the latest version of Home Assistant.

Hope someone can help me out!

You need to configure this through the configuration.yaml, it should be clear in the integration documentation.

Since the last HA update I get :: 'This entity is currently unavailable and is an orphan to a removed, changed or dysfunctional integration or device.

If the entity is no longer in use, you can clean it up by removing it.’

Any ideas?

… turns out it works again after I rebooted the KLF200 unit and logged in on it’s webinterface once…

I installed it via HACS which made it available in the integrations - no need for config.yaml then

1 Like

AFAIK, you’ll still need configuration.yaml to provide the IP Address of the KLF200 and the login credentials

Can’t recall how I did it but in HACS it suggests no need for config.yaml - just did a search in there an I don’t have anything in there for Velux

:slight_smile:

Ah, from the screenshot, that’s a “Custom” version which looks like it allows installation from the GUI. The “native” HA Velux integration, again AFAIK, can not be installed via the GUI, and still needs configuration.yaml

seems I got the same issue. Using home assistant on Synology docker.

I added the code with IP address of KLF200 and its WIFI Password, but I can’t find anything in home assistant showing up. Tried a lot of things also via HACS but integration doesn’t show up anyway.

Not exactly following on but,. What do I need to do between unboxing a KLF200 and trying to get it working in HA?

Here is a writeup I did a few years ago. It should give you some ideas about the setup, but it is possible your setup may be somewhat different.

@wmaker Thanks. That’s pretty much what I was looking for.