Venstar thermostat

Very first post here in HA! The Venstar integration is main reason I have began my HA build, so thank you all for creating the current integration!

Currently I have a T7850 and a T7900 I am running the FW- VH6.91 on both. The T7900 has an outdoor wired sensor and 2 wireless sensor (fireplace mantel and duct temp). The T7850 also has a wireless duct temp sensor.

The T7900 is running a 2 stage heat pump and a +90% gas furnace (dual fuel), I believe that I have found a issue in their software that has to do with dual fuel and compressor lock out temp. It works very well with the lock out off but when its on, it does all types of things (makes stage 4= heat pump stage2) when under the lock out temp. Also in the dual fuel setup, the runtimes on the app, skyport or the drop down does not include the “fossil fuel”. It is included if you go to the thermostat, menu/ information/ view runtimes/heating…

None the less, I setup my HA and added my Venstar thermostats and the integration found all my entities that are listed on the currently. filters, lamp, service, temp sensors. What I would like to see is my runtimes, which stage of hvac I am in and “away/home” for each device that is included in the geofencing.

My Very first post here as well! I have been utilizing HA for about a year now and still learning a bunch. I too have the Venstar integration and have encountered similar issue as those posted here (such as the 0.5 degree variance in Fahrenheit.

My current climate setup is two T7900 and seven T2000 explorers. I also have a dual fuel (oil) heat pump system with hot water baseboard. The baseboard only zones have the T2000’s and the main house and the apartment over the garage has their own zone with independent air handlers and condenser/compressor units.

One thing I have noticed is that the API from VenStar appears to be missing aux heat from a control standpoint. It is not even present in Skyport. It would also be nice to have a boolean for the status of the different stages of heat as opposed to runtime. I utilize an outdoor temp sensor to switch from HP to fossil fuel and would like to tell all the T2000’s to either shut off or startup depending upon where the heat call is from.

UPDATE
I guess it’s a known issue ATM: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/74115

My Venstar T2000 has been working great the past year. Yesterday we had a power outage. Once everything came back online the Thermostat card thinks the measured temp of F is actually C so then it converts it again to F.

Trying to figure out how to get it to report F again. Using the local API.

climate:
  - platform: venstar
    host: 10.0.0.39