Videx Buzzer alert/Automatic door opening switch on pressing Buzzer

to make it easier… clearly this is now working as i can connect wirelessly to the logs

These very low numbers are the voltage at rest. Press the door bell and see if the voltage is recorded as much higher. As I said 5 reading will go by a second and you will have to scroll back. If the voltages don’t go up when you pressed door bell then INA219 isn’t reading the shunt voltage.

Each step your getting a little closer.
Does your Home assistant now have an entity switch.door_remote. If so create the card as described above to check you can manually open the door from HA.
Let me know how you got on and I’ll see it tomorrow.

ok checking now…will also check the switch and create it too. if you can give me 5 mins ill send you the readings now

ok here is the log. shows 9.4+

Sounds good and I see the relay turning on. If relay didn’t open the door then may be problem back with the physical wiring at the relay. Unless of course you can open it by a button on HA then it’s a problem with the esp32.yaml. :zzz: Good night.

ill test that now and see if it opens…will let you know.

Thanks again for all your help! Defo made good progress today and getting closer :smiley:

Sleep well

so this still doesnt exist for me, the switch.door_remote

Is there even a new entity Ina219 showing up in entities list? If not check the configuration panel and select integrations. Under Esp home it should have an entry for intercom.

Nope nothing new detected or showing

These are all the entities showing up for me

Also worth noting with your current flash active and the wiring all connected, when the power is disconnected to the esp32, it constantly keeps the unlock active (obviously if i remove the wiring it stops) so this implies the relay seems to be doing its job? When powered up its making sure the unlock is not active but its just not unlocking on the external buzz but the logs seem to show the voltage readings fine so would be surprised if its the wiring from the relay to 3 and 5 as they are brand new wires…

The relay should be open when no power. When power to ESP32 on the relay should still be open. It’s only when the signal terminal gets a signal from ESP32 the relay is powered and closes. This makes a connection between terminal 3 and 5 and door opens. This simulates what happens when you press the unlock button from inside. I think you should switch the leads coming out of the relay back to normally open and common.
I also think my INA219 only works when the headset is in place. That’s why I have the bit of bluetack pressing the hook down in my picture. May not be a thing though.

Not sure why no new entities showing up.
Have you restarted HA to see if new entities appear?

esphomeintergrations

I take you don’t see any devices in configuration/ intergrations panel?

So ive tried all wiring combinations of terminal 3 and 5 but doesnt make a difference.

I have also taped the hook down so the buzzer can ring too. still doesnt work.

I have restarted it and still nothing new showing in config / integration panel

If you take the 2 brown wires out of your relay and touch them together so 3 is in contact with 5 it should buzz open the door. If that works it’s possible the relay is faulty.

yes when I touch the 2 wires, it does open open the door no problem… maybe the relay is the problem?!

I changed the NC to NO and the unlock constantly buzzes when connected to power. as soon as i take the USB out, it switches the unlock off.

Also when i power it all up, you hear the relay click and does the same thing when power is stopped. When the relay is asked by the software to turn on and off, there is no click…

On some of my ESP32 some of the ground pins are not as stated. Cheap Chinese stuff and sometimes the silkscreen on the boards is wrong. Try if you have on your board a spare ground pin (GND) just in case.

both GNDs are being used…ive even swapped them around and same story

Ok , then what about moving the signal pin of the relay from pin 15 to pin 14. Change it in esphome yaml as well.

Or any of these GPIO pins.

Moved to 14, does the exact same thing

It was on 15. Did you mean 14? ESP32 all differ. I’ve had to move to other pins before. Try some of the others. I’m scratching my head. There is just something we’re doing different. Been caught out before by loose connection or faulty module. This is not impossible to get this done. It’s just eluding us. 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration.

lol yes 14 sorry.

you think i should move the sda scl pins? with the sda and scl, does it matter which pins i choose to use? Should I keep the pin choices all on 1 line side? eg ina219 on left line of pins and relay on right?