VM box and HA take 2 (seeking help)

answer to item 1- i give the VM 4GRam, 2 CPU and 40 G Disk.

I recalled “bridging network” was enable.

I dont recalled the setting for WIFI. I will check when I am home.

THANK YOU SO MUCH…

1 Like

Just my 2 pennies. I followed the instructions here:-

And run HAOS inside the virtualbox VM with no issues at all. This is running on a pretty old Dell optiplex 3050 with an i5-7500t. As we all know, it can also run on a pi, which has a fraction of the processing power, so that laptop must have been really ancient if it didnt have the sufficient resources.

this was the spec of the old laptop. I have no idea how close is it to your “pretty old Dell optiplex 3050 with an i5-7500t.”

Not sure how that laptop would fair against a pi, but thats seriously old.

1. it’s a 32 bits cpu on that
  2. and therefore most likely no uefi

FWIW I’m running VMWare 17 (with a 16.x VM version) with no problem.

1 Like

how and where do I click to turn off wifi??

Click on the configure adapter button… Whats listed?

Try to click " ADD… " and choose network adapter, as it doesn’t seems to find one, which is very strange, there (first pic) should be at-least 2 “choices” ethernet/wifi, i have 4 …1 ethernet, 1 wifi , and then 2 Microsoft WI-FI Direct Virtual Adapter.
On one of my laptops i even have Bluetooth to choose.

Good to hear, then i guess i have to try again another time, i don’t remember what the reason was, but obviously i might just have been fumbling around , or didn’t find my self “comfortable” with the “new Version” :slight_smile:

Well there’s you problem, VMWare can’t find any installed adapter, which is quite unusual.

Can you post a picture of the network adapters that are present on your machine?

Perhaps: (one at a time (until you get VMWare to see some adapters), not all at once)

1. Make sure your machines network adapters are fully up to date (reboot).
  2. Make sure Windows OS is fully up to date (reboot).
  3. Reinstall VMware in repair mode (reboot).
  4. Completely remove VMware 17 and try 16 (reboot between each)?

item 1 -

item 2- window is uptodate

I really dont know how to do item 3 .

item 4 tried to dowload v16 and install but fail because I don’t know how to uninstall ver 17.

you uninstall/remove programs either via start/Control-panel/Programs & Features , or simply by start/ program meny/scroll down to vmware/open folder ,right-click on vmware-icon, choose uninstall

The VMware installer can be accessed via program/app system as @boheme61 pointed out. It is there that you can choose the “repair” option after clicking the “Modify” button.

If the repair doesn’t work after a reboot, then it is also here you would choose the Remove option.

Thank You RJ, @boheme61 @Rofo @mwav3 @nikito7 and anyone else tried to help me with this journey. I decided to invest more time on this platform and explore the Genetic x86-64