Volvo on call support for new API released for Google Automotive

Does anyone know if someone is working on a more “ready” integration for Volvo electric cars?

I have a 2023 XC40 Recharge and have also been looking for ways to control it from my smarthome.
One option is to first add the car as a Google Assistant device (open Google Home app, Assistant Settings, devices, add devices, link a car).
Then use the new Google Assistant SDK just added to HA to send commands as if you were doing a “Hey Google”.
So you can ask it to “warm my Volvo up” by typing that command into your automation.
It’s obviously stateless, but maybe alongside some of the options above which are read-only so far might help some.

If you want state take a look at

Why is connecting the car in google home not working in the Netherlands, i don’t have that option in google home app

I’m also from the Netherlands and I just successfully linked my new XC40 '23 to google assistant.
I remembered an old workaround by turning languages to english.

Steps i’ve followed;
on mobile phone; Change language of Google assistant to: english - usa

on mobile phone; Change your (android) language settings to: english.

Then you can add your car (volvo/polestar) to the assistant.
Goolge assistant - settings - devices - add car

When you are finished you can change your language settings back to Nederlands (but your assistant settings has to have atleast English (Nederlands) as second language.

The big downside is, you have to specifically state your car-related voicecommand in English, and it will return the info also in English. See added picture.

I hope it helps someone.

Does this mean some random person could yell at my phone “Hey Google, unlock my car” when im walking down the street? Not a fan of how this could circumvent a lock but i do know Google Assistant doesnt easily allow unlocking devices so maybe im wrong

How is this possible… that there are working integratios for this ioworker… also for domoticz… but no for HA? im surprised :frowning:
Is weird that the official volvooncall integration from HA core is not updated with new APIs… Does anybody know how to put a request so that its added to the backlog at least?

Hi! Do you want to share this configuration, please?

I have built an mqtt addon. Take a look here

2 Likes

How do you use this if you are on HAOS and not a Docker installation? Can you make an add-on repository out of this?

Thank You! I tried but received the following: error getting vehicle 401. Do I need to include vin and api key as well in the docker run? If so, where to get this data?

Please open an issue at github and submit some logs and your config.

Wow how exciting, hope someone can develop it into an integration.

1 Like

Done, please test!

1 Like

Dielee has make a great intergration:)

Well done! I will test this soon. :slight_smile:

Please let me know if anyone has success with a C40.
I can get other API functions to work on the website but the Get Vehicle Details API results in the error below so the addon will not work.

Great work by Dielee

It works. Thanks a bunch!

Any possibility of adding more sensors, e.g., current location of the vehicle?

Hi,

works for me. Just added my C40. Great work! Thank you!

Philippe

Works for XC60 late 2022.