Volvo2Mqtt: Connect your AAOS Volvo 🚙

I’m having the same issue. Running from Sweden. Using ecplise-mosquitto as broker and it seems to work just fine. Home assistant and volvo2mqtt are both running in docker. All sensors are detected when starting volvo2mqtt, but they are all “unavailable”. I get the error message that the API key is not correct (but it is). After a few minutes volvo2mqtt container stops. Any ideas?

Must have been a delay between registration and activation – working now. Huzzah!

1 Like

My distance_to_empty sensor is not working anymore, is anyone else having the same issue? I have an XC60 T8 2023 model.

Yes, @thewindev, same here. Stopped working and then came back for a few days but now been out a few days.

@Dielee Thanks for your help on github. I hereby can confirm that your addon does support XC40 PHEV 2020 as well fully :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fixed by last release v1.8.14!

1 Like

It would seem something is now broken – I get the below error for all data points:

Nov 24 16:14:07 volvo2mqtt [106] - INFO: Failed, Hours to Service is unfortunately not supported by your vehicle.
Nov 24 16:14:07 volvo2mqtt [106] - ERROR: API Call failed. Status Code: 404. Error: {
  "error" : {
    "message" : "NOT_FOUND",
    "description" : "Does not belong to allowed markets"
  }
}

I’m in Aus with a Twin Recharge XC40 – anyone else having similar problems?

It seemed to be working so nicely!

Thanks,

Sean

Those are Volvo API changes.
I can’t do anything, sorry.

Understood, just wondering if anyone else has experienced it :slight_smile:

Yes, two people at github. This is annoying

Yup same here, all gone. Completely broken. I am in the US, wonder if it works for EU folk

Im getting the same “Does not belong to allowed markets” issue. Im also in Australia. Very annoying as I have automations using entities from this integration.

Using an existing alternative application doesn’t help.

Creating a new application doesn’t help.

Regenerating the API keys doesn’t work.

The Demo vehicles work with my apps.

Oh, and V1 and V2 of the API similarly fail.

I took a quick read of the api docs at developer.volvocars.com and it seems all the APIs are limited to “Europe / Middle East / Africa regions”. Not sure if they always stated this, and previously other regions just worked, or something changed. They do claim they’re working to bring other regions online, but we all know how that goes.

Thanks for finding this. They used to have other regions, this is very upsetting

That’s a big disappointment, Volvo. I’m hoping this is only a matter of “we accidentally enabled this for the US before we intended to do so, but we’re going to officially roll it out soon.”

Volvo, if you read this: having access to information about my car through a smart home integration of my choice significantly improved my satisfaction with my XC90 PHEV. For example, it made our lives great to have nightly reminders to charge the vehicle when we and the vehicle were at home, and the charge was below a certain amount. Or, to set maintenance reminders to retorque our snow wheels by monitoring the odometer. It’s disappointing to go turn those automations off :frowning:.

1 Like

They’ve always said that for published apps, but have said all regions work for testing/unpublished apps. Maybe they’ve changed the policy, but it’s still stated in the Docs:

Locations

The API can be used with test credentials around the world. However, when published, only cars in the Europe / Middle East / Africa regions are available. We are working to bring other regions online.

2 Likes

Hi,

Today i noticed a strange thing in the volvo app, it gives a message that the car is in use and therefore it can’t give an update on location and battery level.

I can tell, the car is locked and parked as always. App and car are on latested software 5.33.0 and 2.12

Anyone have experienced this before?
Was wondering if this is related due to volvo developer account?

The Volvo App is still working as expected here in Aus, so the App’s performance wouldn’t seem to be related to the API issues I’m still experiencing.

Given it’s happening on the Developer website as well, it’s not HA or Volvo2Mqtt issue, either, but here is the only place I know with a community of API users :slight_smile:

I have e–mailed their support address on the site.