Volvo2Mqtt: Connect your AAOS Volvo šŸš™

Great work and great plugin! Finally I can replace the ioBroker plugin which didnt have the location api and couldnt lock/unlock doors or start the climate.
Can you please add the Extended vehicle API resources for the non electric mild hibrids with AAOS, with the distance to empty and other resourcesā€¦
Thnx for the great work!

Jep, I know. Same for me. Unfortunately there is no option to filter those entities, if the API returns a valid valueā€¦ Hopefully the will clean up their API.

1 Like

Please open a feature request!

I cannot get it to workā€¦ Stuck at ā€œIncomplete device registrationā€ when sniffing traffic with disabled certificate pinning. Maybe someone can give me a hint!

Hi, I have an issue with the message transfer from the Volvo2Mgtt to MTTT broker. In the broker my Volvo C40 is visible with all the sensors. But alle values are unavailable.

The log of Volvo2Mqtt add-on shows:
volvo2mqtt [79] - INFO: Sending mqtt updateā€¦
Jun 30 20:31:13 volvo2mqtt [79] - INFO: Mqtt update done. Next run in 300 seconds.
Jun 30 20:31:13 volvo2mqtt [79] - WARNING: MQTT disconnected, reconnecting automatically
Jun 30 20:31:17 volvo2mqtt [79] - WARNING: MQTT disconnected, reconnecting automatically
Jun 30 20:31:25 volvo2mqtt [79] - WARNING: MQTT disconnected, reconnecting automatically
Jun 30 20:31:41 volvo2mqtt [79] - WARNING: MQTT disconnected, reconnecting automatically
Jun 30 20:32:13 volvo2mqtt [79] - WARNING: MQTT disconnected, reconnecting automatically

The log of the MQTT add-on shows:
2023-06-30 20:39:17: Client volvoAAOS2mqtt disconnected, not authorised.
2023-06-30 20:41:17: New connection from 172.30.32.1:57388 on port 1883.
error: received null username or password for unpwd check

Any idea whatā€™s going wrong.

Please open a issue at github

Solved: username and password of mqtt is required

The addon works fine without mqtt auth. If your mqtt broker requires authentication, you have to enter username and password into the volvo2config.

Can you share the code off the card you created (car picture with sensors). Looks nice.

1 Like

It is a basic picture-elements card. Replace with the VIN or whatever your naming convention is for the sensor.

type: picture-elements
elements:
  - type: state-icon
    entity: binary_sensor.volvo_<VIN>_door_front_left
    style:
      top: 85%
      left: 45%
    entity: binary_sensor.volvo_<VIN>_door_rear_left
    style:
      top: 85%
      left: 65%
    entity: binary_sensor.volvo_<VIN>_door_front_right
    style:
      top: 15%
      left: 45%
    entity: binary_sensor.volvo_<VIN>_door_rear_right
    style:
      top: 15%
      left: 65%
    entity: sensor.volvo_<VIN>_tyre_front_left
    style:
      top: 82%
      left: 25%
    entity: sensor.volvo_<VIN>_tyre_front_right
    style:
      top: 20%
      left: 25%
    entity: sensor.volvo_<VIN>_tyre_rear_left
    style:
      top: 82%
      left: 80%
    entity: sensor.volvo_<VIN>_tyre_rear_right
    style:
      top: 20%
      left: 80%
    entity: binary_sensor.volvo_<VIN>_tailgate
    style:
      top: 50%
      left: 89%
    entity: binary_sensor.volvo_<VIN>_engine_hood
    style:
      top: 50%
      left: 20%
image: /local/volvo_top.png?

volvo_top

2 Likes

Just updated and got this when I was about to start.

Screenshot 2023-07-03 10.34.39

Working now found the solution on github

mqtt settings:

broker: auto_broker
port: auto_port
username: auto_user
password: auto_password

Yes, this works if you running your MQTT as HA addon. If not, just quote your port like this port: "1883".

You did it! Now the Engine State works for my XC40 BEV. Great work!

Yes! This donā€™t let me sleep. :smiley:

1 Like

When will you release the latest version as an add on? The plugin does not work for me right now.

Version v1.7.3 is released already

This is so cool!
Our previous car auto-locked when we moved outside of its range, so I made this custom flow in node red that checks for an unlocked car that has its engine off.

A live-saver! Thanks for the plugin

2 Likes

Starting version v1.7.5 the lock entity supports now LOCKING and UNLOCKING state!

1 Like

Just noticed that the Charging Connection Status shows as Disconnected whilst my XC40 is actually charging at the moment. I have also charged on 3rd and 5th July and my HA history shows Connected AC. I noticed that Volvo did some optimizations on the APIā€¦ could this be related?

Other then that, super happy with this integration! Great work guys!