Wall Mounted Dashboard (now known as HADashboard)

Thanks Rene - I have been very busy as you know but will have some time soon!

1 Like

after following your guide and reading alot of post from here i get the following error

pi@raspberrypi:~/hadashboard $ dashing start
bundler: failed to load command: thin (/usr/local/bin/thin)
NoMethodError: undefined method each' for nil:NilClass /home/pi/hadashboard/jobs/news.rb:56:in <top (required)>ā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/backports-3.6.8/lib/backports/std_lib.rb:9:in require' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/backports-3.6.8/lib/backports/std_lib.rb:9:in require_with_backportsā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dashing-1.3.7/lib/dashing/app.rb:171:in block in require_glob' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dashing-1.3.7/lib/dashing/app.rb:170:in eachā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dashing-1.3.7/lib/dashing/app.rb:170:in require_glob' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dashing-1.3.7/lib/dashing/app.rb:181:in <top (required)>ā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dashing-1.3.7/lib/dashing.rb:3:in require' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dashing-1.3.7/lib/dashing.rb:3:in <top (required)>ā€™
config.ru:1:in require' config.ru:1:in block in ā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/rack-1.5.5/lib/rack/builder.rb:55:in instance_eval' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/rack-1.5.5/lib/rack/builder.rb:55:in initializeā€™
config.ru:1:in new' config.ru:1:in ā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/thin-1.6.4/lib/rack/adapter/loader.rb:33:in eval' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/thin-1.6.4/lib/rack/adapter/loader.rb:33:in loadā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/thin-1.6.4/lib/thin/controllers/controller.rb:182:in load_rackup_config' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/thin-1.6.4/lib/thin/controllers/controller.rb:72:in startā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/thin-1.6.4/lib/thin/runner.rb:200:in run_command' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/thin-1.6.4/lib/thin/runner.rb:156:in run!ā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/thin-1.6.4/bin/thin:6:in <top (required)>' /usr/local/bin/thin:23:in loadā€™
/usr/local/bin/thin:23:in `<top (required)>ā€™

I have tried sudo apt-get install thin and node, but still this error.
Any idea to what i can do to get it working?

Per

Can you post a sanitized version of your settings.rb please?

as far as i can see there are no secrets in my settings.rb file :slight_smile: but here:

require ā€˜data_mapperā€™

Initialize the DataMapper to use a database, if available. Fall back to an

sqlite file, if no database has been set up.

DataMapper.setup(:default, ENV[ā€˜DATABASE_URLā€™] || ā€˜sqlite:persistent.dbā€™)

Set object model for settings

class Setting
include DataMapper::Resource

property :name, String, :key => true
property :value, Text
end

Finalize all models

DataMapper.finalize

Up-migrate the schema

DataMapper.auto_upgrade!

Have done no editing to that fil

UG, sorry, I meant ha_conf.rb ā€¦

Sorry aimc
when you asked me for the ha_conf.rb file i discovered a error in the file name and thats why i couldnā€™t get it to work, but now i have the demo dashboard.

Excellent :slight_smile:

lol. i guess i replied to much here :wink:
per replies to me and writes ā€œafter following your guideā€¦ā€

lookout andrew, people start to think i did the work :stuck_out_tongue:

ups, sorry for that :slight_smile:
Should i be able to control my lights from HADashbaord before installing HAPush?

dashboard will work whitout hapush.
it only wont be updated automaticly.

ok, then im doing something wrong, cant get my lights or devicetracking to work :slight_smile:

if you have put in some widgets and you can see them, then they should work.
if you dont see them in your dashboard you have made an error in your dashboardfile.

i can see them in my dashboard, but non of them will turn on or off or dim

do they give the same setting as hass when you chose reload?

found that all my lights had disapered in HA frontend, so rebooted mu RPI, and my lights returned and is working through the HA frontend.
But when trying to start HADashboard with: dashing start i get this error again:

bundler: failed to load command: thin (/usr/local/bin/thin)
SyntaxError: /home/pi/hadashboard/lib/ha_conf.rb:6: syntax error, unexpected ā€˜\nā€™, expecting =>
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/backports-3.6.8/lib/backports/std_lib.rb:9:in require' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/backports-3.6.8/lib/backports/std_lib.rb:9:in require_with_backportsā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dashing-1.3.7/lib/dashing/app.rb:171:in block in require_glob' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dashing-1.3.7/lib/dashing/app.rb:170:in eachā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dashing-1.3.7/lib/dashing/app.rb:170:in require_glob' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dashing-1.3.7/lib/dashing/app.rb:180:in <top (required)>ā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dashing-1.3.7/lib/dashing.rb:3:in require' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dashing-1.3.7/lib/dashing.rb:3:in <top (required)>ā€™
config.ru:1:in require' config.ru:1:in block in ā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/rack-1.5.5/lib/rack/builder.rb:55:in instance_eval' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/rack-1.5.5/lib/rack/builder.rb:55:in initializeā€™
config.ru:1:in new' config.ru:1:in ā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/thin-1.6.4/lib/rack/adapter/loader.rb:33:in eval' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/thin-1.6.4/lib/rack/adapter/loader.rb:33:in loadā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/thin-1.6.4/lib/thin/controllers/controller.rb:182:in load_rackup_config' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/thin-1.6.4/lib/thin/controllers/controller.rb:72:in startā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/thin-1.6.4/lib/thin/runner.rb:200:in run_command' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/thin-1.6.4/lib/thin/runner.rb:156:in run!ā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/thin-1.6.4/bin/thin:6:in <top (required)>' /usr/local/bin/thin:23:in loadā€™
/usr/local/bin/thin:23:in `<top (required)>ā€™

Found an error in my ha_conf file

But still no luck getting my dashboard working

Can you post a sanitized version of your ha_conf.rb?

I donā€™t mind - you can fix all the problems and do the support work for me too :wink:

no thanks, i am not half the programmer you are :wink:
it would take me weeks, alone to get to the bottom off it all (allthough youre programming is a lot closer to my logic then a big part off hass :wink: )

So Iā€™m trying to get this working on my PI3, but Iā€™m not sure about the initial docker installation. (Iā€™m sorry, Iā€™m so new to linux. Iā€™ve used it before but only as an actually desktop. Using terminal code is really new to me)

Iā€™m looking at the installation directions and I notice the first heading says Using Docker (Non Raspian). Iā€™m assuming this is not what I would like, since I have a Pi3. So this means I need to get Docker installed.

1. Will following the directions on this page get that done Possible directions for docker

2. Since I installed Home Assistant in a virtualenv (although Iā€™m not sure yet what that means, just followed manual directions found here for a Raspberry pi), do I need to activate the virtualenv before following the docker installation directions and the hadashboard directions?

Thanks!

Here it is:

$ha_url = ā€œhttp://192.168.0.32:8123ā€
$ha_apikey = ā€œtestā€

$news_feeds = {
ā€œTrafficā€ => ā€œhttp://trafiknyt.smartlog.dk/rss-2.0.xmlā€,
ā€œNewsā€ => ā€œhttp://www.b.dk/seneste/rssā€,
}