Wall Mounted Dashboard (now known as HADashboard)

I figured it out. Something happened with sinatra. I ran

sudo gem install sinatra

Regarding installing HAPush in a venv. If I am already running HASS in a venv, do I also need to install HAPush in a venv, or can I get away with just installing HAPush without it?

If you run hapush without a venv you should be fine.

Glad you got it working!

How do i get forecast.io to work?

I also get an error at homeassistant.rb when i start dashing.

Those errors are actually caused by frecastio not working - its in the docs, here.

i have try with safari and firefox - nothing still empty dashboard! :frowning:

Not sure what to suggest next - if you arenā€™t getting any errors you should at least see the default dashboard that I provided. Do you have any issues with file ownerships or permissions?

no - anyway thanks for your help - i will quit the try! - sad because your project looks awesome!

I figured it out :slight_smile:
I missed some ā€œmonitored_conditionsā€, but still donā€™t populate the forecast widget.

Iā€™m on the road at the moment but Iā€™ll check up when I get home - I may have done something stupid or customized to get it to work!

Iā€™ll try and figure out a fix over the weekend, but glad to see you are making progress.

I"m sorry we couldnā€™t get it figured out

Dont need to hurry, take your time :slight_smile:

I dont see any forecast data in the hapush-log.

If i do just like this, i get forecast-value from HA.

<li data-row="4" data-col="3" data-sizex="1" data-sizey="1">
  <div data-id="weather_temperature" data-view="Hatemp"></div>
</li>

Hi aimc,

First your dev is awesome :wink:
I finalize my dashboard, and i want to know if we can change some icons based on website http://fontawesome.io/icons/

I tried many icons for script and lights but i feel that we canā€™t apply all icons
by example for my debroom light i want to use icons bedroom ā€¦
but icons never loads ā€¦

Regards.

Firstly you wonā€™t seem them in the HAPush log as they are polled every 15 minutes so that is as expected.

If you have all of the right monitored conditions, not sure why they arenā€™t picked up. Let me ponder that a little ā€¦

EDIT: Your data-id MUST be weather or it wonā€™t work - did you perhaps change it?

<li data-row="1" data-col="3" data-sizex="2" data-sizey="2">
      <div data-id="weather" data-view="Haweather"></div>
    </li>

Hi there -

The dimmer switchis kind of a hard coded setup with 2 separate icons to sh\ow the on and off state so it doesnā€™t support custom icons I am afraid. I could maybe add it at a later time.

Also, impressed that you have a Forrest and a Beach in your house!

1 Like

Now got around to installing this. First error

Your Ruby version is 2.3.0, but your Gemfile specified 2.1.5

Users may need to change the version number in the Gemfile or Upgrade/Downgrade Ruby as the case may be.

It should be safe to change the Gemfile (its in the top level directory) - what platform are you on?

I did change it and everything went smoothly. Iā€™m on Ubuntu (Linux).