Wallmote + Vera Hub not working

I just got a Vera Plus hub to replace my Aeotec USB stick, which I found difficult to configure using the Z-Wave configurator interface built into Home Assistant. I liked that it had a standalone app to manage Z-wave component settings directly.

I just connected my Wallmote Duo to the Vera Hub and am now trying to set up automations based on button pushes (long press/short press/dim up/dim down), but I am not sure how to work with it (i.e. what events are being called and with what data).

I see the device, plus a few phantom devices, in the <> device windo in the GUI:

https://www.evernote.com/l/AArNqwPz_8ZMvqJqaMbnKwzEX_2phRKQCk8

But the state indicates unknown, and when I push buttons and look at the logs, I see nothing related to the Wallmote. Does anyone have any ideas on getting the Wallmote set up properly so I can use it to trigger automations (lights, scenes, etc.)?

Thx!

1 Like

Interesting. I like this solution as it gets you direct control over it all. Thanks!

1 Like

My Lua call seems to run successfully but I don’t see any event in the logs. If I run a POST with curl I do, so not sure how to debug what is happening inside Vera while it runs the script. Is there a Vera log I can view anywhere in the Vera web interface?

I am curious if anyone has gotten a Wallmote to work with HA via a Vera? I followed the directions for the Minimote as referenced here: MiniMote + Vera but the issue with the Wallmote seems to be that in the Vera UI there is no way to associate a Vera scene with a Wallmote button press. I was able to setup a scene in Vera that calls the HA api to trigger an event and that seems to be working when I trigger the scene manually within the Vera UI. My remaining issue seems to be triggering the scene via a press on a Wallmote button.
I was able to use the group association as documented in https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000176572-wallmote-user-guide- to directly trigger another z-wave device on the Vera so I can at least confirm that the Wallmote is working.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks