Wallmounted ipad project with custom Apple inspired theme

Hello,
I just wanted to show you guys what i have been working on for the last weeks. Too many hours have gone in to this project :slight_smile: I wanted to create a clean looking theme for my wallmounted iPad. So i got this idea to using three swipe cards inside a picture elements cards and then som more picture elements card inside the swipe cards. The bottom swipe card is autorotating showing some “important information” like car status, cameras etc.

The design is inspired both by homekit, apple.com and Big Sur and i have also been using parts from other themes like Caule Light Gray, Soft UI etc. Unlike the great Mathias Persson i do not like popups so i tried to keep them at minimal.

Most parts is built by custom:button-card inside the picture elements card but i am also using, Atomic Calendar, Spotify Lovelace Card, Weather Card, RGB Light Card. The mighty card-mod is used on almost every part of the design.

At the moment i will not share my code because it looks like shit. I have only been using HA for like two months… I would like to learn how to use templates and more to clean it up and then realse my whole config when its ready. Also would like it to work on diffrent screens, right now it only looks good on the ipad. In the meantime, i will reply to every question, if there are any :stuck_out_tongue:

A video of an early version can be found here Custom HA theme inspired by Apple design - YouTube.

Oh, i forgot to show off my favorite card, the health card ! .

5 Likes

Looks great! What browser are you using?

I’m a huge iOS fan but I use Fully Kiosk on a Kindle Fire HD because I want the wake on motion / auto screen dim etc.

Thank you! I am just using the HA IOS app on the iPad. I solved the motion decetection/screen off , using a workaround Wake your iPad with motion sensors - YouTube.

2 Likes

I’m a HUGE fan, and also a swede, This is so fascinating! the motion detection workaround you’ve talked about? And BTW, how is the cctv laws in Sweden? I though you can’t put a camera filming the street like that.

Love this! How did you do the moving wavy color thingie in the top swipe card? I need that in my design. This is the best looking portrait interface I’ve seen.

Terry

Thanks! I got tierd of this and created this instead Neon Lovelace UI and theme for tablets . You are correct absolut the laws about filming. However there is this greyzone about intercom systems… I use this only as an intercom so it is no camera. I have disable the recording and its only activated when someone press the ring button. The street cant be seen when there is someone standing there :crazy_face: For the motion activated iPad i just put in guided access mode. Then when there is a notification in the Homekit from my Aquara motion sensor the screen lights up but the notfication itself cant be seen becuase of the guided access mode. Nice little workaround.

2 Likes

Thank you ! I like it to but now i am using my new theme instead Neon Lovelace UI and theme for tablets the wave is an animated .svg file that is used as background inside a custom button card. It can be found here Home-assistant-config/www at master · exus85/Home-assistant-config · GitHub

1 Like

Oh and for the find my iPhone check out Howto: Find My iPhone (ios) - #4 by danieljarhult

Looks cool. How is the stabilitet. My wall mounted iPad have a tendency to stop updating the screen. It will work again if I swipe down, to update the screen. The problem happens maybe every 2 day, however not at a specific time,

It did not happen a year ago, however not sure when it started.

Is your iPad rock solid?