šŸ–¼ļø WallPanel Addon - Wall panel mode for your Home Assistant Dashboards

The only difference I can spot that may be the problem, is that your url is encased in apostropheā€™s. Thatā€™s the only difference with my configuration at least. (For me, the images are located in local media/cast pictures, there not being any subfolders.) Hopefully it helps!

keep_screen_on_time: 600
  display_time: 30
  image_url: /cast
  image_list_update_interval: 43200
  image_order: random
  screensaver_entity: input_boolean.tablet_wallpaper

Thanks a lot @Slalamander, looks like the subfolders under the local are not traversed or I am doing something wrong.

@j-a-n am I understanding correctly that I can specify any subfolder under the local media source?

When I specify / in the image URL it works ā€¦ it shows the only image in that folder

When I Specify /screensaver_images it is not getting the images. Do I need to define a new media source/dir?

still not succeeded. What should be set at:

enabled_on_tabs: ?

The name of the dashboard ? That is what I have now. Or do I need a different name such as the the title which is on top of the page (and could be seen as a tab)?

Still not getting it to work.

• how to see / use the debug settings? Might help to discover what goes wrong?
  • Maybe any one willing to share a working config from both HA yaml and the Fully Kiosk settings? (pastebin)

Please open the HA internal media browser in an browser and navigate to the desired folder. Then have a look at the URL displayed in the browser.

You can start with the following minimal config:

wallpanel:
  enabled: true

Thank you, what a great addon!

I canā€™t seem to understand how to change language for the geolocated city names in the exif info. They are now in English, Iā€™d hope to change them to Swedish. Maybe this isnā€™t possible?

I followed the link you provided
toLocaleDateString options
But I donā€™t get how to implement that code into YAML, if possible, could you provide an example?

Thank you
/Benjamin

Hi there.

Im having a slight issue with browser mod integration. I have added the lines you referenced in your instructions but i never end up with a input boolean. do i have to manually create the boolean or should it be generated when the configuration loads??

Below are the lines i have added

Thanks,

wallpanel:
  profiles:
    device_d8003012_9887f2c8:
      screensaver_entity: input_boolean.screensaver_livingroom
  profile: device_${browser_id}
  image_url: https://source.unsplash.com/random/${width}x${height}?gaming&sig=${timestamp}

Hi Andy_Miller,

You are right, you have to manually create input_boolean.

I have a slight different setup than you, but perhaps this can help.
This is what works for me (I have taken away most of the code for clarity)

The input Boolean looks like this for me that i created: (I have Browser Mod installed)

input_boolean.bd127d10_29287729

and yaml:

wallpanel:
  screensaver_entity: input_boolean.${browser_id}

Still not getting the screensaver on my tablet (fully kiosk). After many tries I now get it starting on my MacBook. So that is already one step further. Now it would be nice if it also is going to work on the Lenovo Tablet.

I did the same thing only I created a ā€œphotosā€ folder.
I did end up adding a media source to my /config/configuration.yaml file.

homeassistant:

media_dirs:

photos: /media/photos

Then I added:

image_url: /photos

To my Dashboard configuration.
That worked for me eh!

Hello. Does anybody know why the wall panel changes the background image every 15s while I have the config as follows? Even if I remove/change parameter ā€œimage_list_update_intervalā€ there is no difference.

image_url: https://source.unsplash.com/random/${width}x${height}?weather&sig=${timestamp}
image_list_update_interval: 3600

Still looking for the setting which prevent the screensaver to run on the tablet. On my HA - pc screen it is working fine.
Might be missing a setting in this part of fully kiosk config?:

Or does this config has anything to do with it?:
screensaver_entity: input_boolean.wallpanel_screensaver

Still not getting this to work on my Lenovo tab M10. Anyone with the same tablet got this working?
After trying for days, it is driving me ā€¦ and takes up to much time :slight_smile: So Any help appreciated. Thanks

With the new subview option on dashboards, I am not getting the back button with Wall Panel enabled. Is that expected behavior? If so would it be possible to add a configuration to enable this?

1 Like

Pffffā€¦ finally got it working. Seemed to be some setting in the fully kiosk app (Iā€™m not sure which one there are so many). Nice :slight_smile:

Hey,

Silly question but where exactly do configs like this go?

wallpanel:
hide_toolbar: true
hide_sidebar: true
fullscreen: true

What exact config? This is confusing me as I thought it was the /config/configuration.yaml but that does not appear to work.

You have to place the code into the dashboards yaml. Just before the other code there.

Doh! got it. Thank you.

K now I just need to get this screensaver_entity part working.

I assume I place it within the dashboards yaml. But am I doing so correctly?

wallpanel:
debug: false
hide_toolbar: false
hide_sidebar: false
fullscreen: false
idle_time: 20
keep_screen_on_time: 20
black_screen_after_time: 1
screensaver_entity: input_boolean.screensaver_livingroom

Do I simply place it within the above and then create a helper with the same name but with the entity id which references the broswer_mod like so?:

Or do I also need to do something else?

What Iā€™d really like is for the clock screensaver to display after ~20 seconds rather than a simply backscreen. Not sure how to do that within the config though.

K, Iā€™ve gotten a bit closer but wow this is not what I expected.

Within my ā€œ/config/configuration.yamlā€ Iā€™ve added the followiing entry:

input_boolean:
screensaver_cd1234d56b78aa90:
name: ā€œwallpanel_screensaver_livingroomā€
initial: off
icon: mdi:view-dashboard-outline

This has added a helper which looks to be identical to me to the helper I added via the menu. But actually works.

Now within my page view config Iā€™ve added:

screensaver_entity: input_boolean.screensaver_cd1234d56b78aa90
Finally it now looks like it will control turning off the screensave. Iā€™ve still not go exactly where I want to be, but atleast the automation is now turning off the screensaver.