Warm White on button press

I have various smart bulbs, and all of them default to a cool white color instead of warm white when turning them on from home assistant. To avoid this I created an automation for each bulb that listen’s to the state of the entity changing from “off” to “on” and immediately calls the light.turn_on service with this extra data: “brightness: 255 kelvin: 2700”. This means turning on a light has it cool white just for a split second before turning warm white, and works fine. However, if I try to make the light another color from say my google home or alexa, it also recognizes this as a light.turn_on trigger and makes them warm white, so basically all lights turn to warm white no matter what. Is there any other way to get these lights to only turn warm white when being turned on from home assistant?

Put a condition in your warm white automation that checks the colour and colour temperature.

Only run the actions if the colour temp is cool while and the colour is white.

1 Like

What integration component are you using , some have initial_value or similar? If you are using the native Light integration then look at DEFAULT VALUES in …

… and create a .csv file with the profile.

I am using the native light integration and I and many others have had no luck with default values. I’ve set up that CSV file multiple times and it never seems to work. I might try again but I know I wasn’t the only one who had no luck by trying to set default values.

it works so you “and many others” must be doing something wrong.

as you don’t provide any setup or logs etc, you’re not going to progress this to conclusion i fear.

(automation on start HomeAssistant trigger…hint)

It doesn’t support color temperature so it wouldn’t help me anyway. The community has made blueprints to work around this so I’ll just have to use that.

Also thanks for assuming I won’t figure this out just because I didn’t initially provide any logs. I’d be happy to if someone had asked. Just trying to figure out why that solution has not worked for us.

1 Like

Ahh that would probably work, thank you. I ended up just using this blueprint to change the default color temperature.

I’m done . Enjoy

For future reference though, what would I put for the state? I’m assuming that would be the condition. I’m not sure what the cool white values it defaults to are

condition: state
entity_id: light.living_room_light
state: ''