Washing machines with good HA integration?

Hi,
Could you please share how you can get energy and water consumption?

Thanks.

I’ve had to re-login in the app or accept revised terms and conditions again to get the component to keep working.

Yeah that happened to me too a few days ago. I’ve had this same issue with a few other apps int he past, Xiaomi for sure and some others I can’t remember now.

Hi - thanks for the info. 1) Can you edit the initial time entity…create a start time schedule? and 2) can you use the remote start entity to turn the machine on?

That sensor just shows when the cycle started, I cannot edit it.

I can do a remote start like this:

service: smartthinq_sensors.wake_up
target:
  device_id: e0474XXXXXXXXXXXXXX2d48a946

service: smartthinq_sensors.remote_start
target:
  device_id: e0474XXXXXXXXXXXXXX2d48a946

‘Remote start’ must be selected when you load the machine for this to work.

1 Like

I have a Siemens iQ700 controlled and measured using a smart meter.

In the very rare cases I want to start the washer the smart way (coming home in about 1 hour) there is a simple hack: Fill the washer, start the desired program and after its initialization just power it off using the smart meter.

When you power it remotely or timed it will just go on where it had stopped.

The smart meter and getting the water consumption directly reading the central water meter (see AI-on-the-edge-device on github) is all I need to get usage data and control the device.

Yeah… it’s more smart use of dumb devices. But its KISS, cloudless and cheaper :wink:

i know this is a long time ago, but how did you get the device id ?

I think I just went to Dev Tools / Services and called the smartthinq service from there, then use the ‘UI mode’ to choose your device. Switch back to yaml and it’ll show you the device ID.

yep that is what i ended up with