Water flow meter - pulse meter included - esphome

Yes, If you mean the code
No, it you mean the hardware. That is specific for water

1 Like

Hi yashjoe,
thank you for sharing your project.
Can you please tell me, which resitor size (Ohm) you have used?

Hi itapower, here you are the resistor and the doc received with the watermeter.

Where did you order it from ? Not available on Amazon and the manufacturers webshop seems to be gone.

Do you mean the water meter?
From Amazon Italy, but it came from Germany (resistor included)
I can still buy it right now from the same link in the first post. Just I have to choose “view all purchase options” as it’s not prime. Right now it costs about 60€ delivery cost included

Thanks, I found it. Unfortunately it doesn’t ship to the Netherlands.

I have no idea why it’s just on Italian Amazon
Maybe you can try to get in touch with the seller, he seems to be the producer himself

Contacted systeme-sh, they’re in Germany. Shipping to NL was no problem.

1 Like

This may be a stupid question, but I did not find out the purpose of the lambda function in your code.
Can lambda be used for any custom mathematical operation?
If so, why not just use the multiply filter instead of lambda in this case?
Thanks in advance!

Hello popcornboy, I do not have the knowledge to reply to your question. So it’s not a stupid question, at least for me.
I can just say that the lambda is working

Great article. Thanks @yashijoe.

Can you post the link on how to purchase also the box you used to put outside, please?
Do you believe the meter will work also if put just after the water heater where we get water at 55°C but it could arrive at 65°C?

It would be great to see it integrated with Shelly plus Addon. Thanks.

Hi, Peppe66, I’ve designed the box and then printed with a 3D printer.
It’s a simple box. My first design so it is quite basic
I’ve uploaded it in case anyone would like to print it:

Water temperature: I guess it works with a plastic wheel. I’ve no idea if 65° could melt/damage the wheel
Also about Shelly 1 Plus, I’ve no idea if it can be done with it. Sorry. Anyway the D1 cost is very low

Thank you all for your advices, here is my setup:

And the ESP into a sweet box :wink:

Really easy to setup …

2 Likes

Well done!
I couldn’t use a proximity 'cause, as I know, it works only with a metal spinning wheel. Maybe you can confirm.
Also where I live this setup can be mistaken for tampering.
Thanks for sharing

Hi All!

Just wanted to update you on the availability of the meter.

I could not get it on the Italian Amazon, but I Tracked down the manufacturer and bought it directly.

They did not have a webshoppen so I had to take a leap of faith and paid them in cash via paypal.
But they are super service minded and shipped to Denmark pretty much over night.

Manufacturers website:
https://www.systeme-sh.de/volumenmessteile/inliner-system-qn-15mh.html

Please send some pics once installed!
Thanks

HI,
I bought the “Optocoupler” version and I have an ESP32 30P

As shown in the figure, I connected the brown wire to +5VDC, the white wire to GND and the green wire (Signal_out) to GPIO13.
Between the green wire (Signal_out) and the white wire (GND) I put the resistance supplied by the manufacturer.
Following the manufacturer’s diagram, I connected the yellow wire (Signal_In) to +5VDC.

But I’m not sure what happened because in the ESP32 logs I see that the m3 always increase without the passage of water (or air since they are still on the “test bed”)

Furthermore, among the notes I read that the Optocoupler version does not have the NPN Transistor.
Can any kind soul tell me where I’m going wrong?
Thank you very much!

Sorry for later reply.
Could you post your esp code?
Thanks

Thanks for posting this! This looks just what I’m after, too. However, I’m going to locate this outside, to monitor water supply to livestock (and so tell me if there are leaks or a faulty water-trough, etc).

My question: do you know the total power of your system? Am wondering what size solar PV would be needed to power it continually.

Hello Chris, mine is connected to the grid with an old iPhone charger plug