Water plants reminder card

Hi
I am new to the HA world of creating custom cards and need some assistance in creating a card. I have tried using HACS custom:button card but could not get it to work.

I have made a picture of what i am trying to do.

Hope someone has time to help me with this.

Maybe the check button card better suits your needs.

1 Like

Hi
I got stuck pretty fast with just testing the card.
This error i had not seen before

what am i doing wrong?

I have tried a different sensor and a switch but same error.

entity needs to be sensor.xxxx and this entity will automatically be created. Please be informed that you need MQTT with discovery enabled for this to work.

MQTT with discovery is now enabled. Are you saying i dont need to create an entity for this card? so i can just use the default example?

I have added this to the UI raw editor
2020-01-02_10-44-21

I wonder if the type is correct? i tryed to switch it to module but then i get the error " no card type configured".

just had to remove the spaces in the example.

Glad that you got it to work. Now you can add severity levels to show different colors, based on how long the task has not been done. I use this card as well and send actionable notifications when the task is overdue. When I finished the task I press the “done” button on the actionable notification and it updates the time with the current time.

This might be interesting for you as well.

yep. Thanks for your assistance so fare.

do you use node red to pass through the msg?

so i got the 3 states working. When i read through the repository i cant see i can insert an image.
should this then be done by card_style instead? through using Card-mod?

also when i make the box bigger how can i move the text to the top. In option it is only listed left, inside.

You can’t use an image wit this directly but you can have an image next to it like in the topic i linked.

I use appdaemon to handle the notification, but I think it should also be doable with native HA automations, just a bit more code and a bit more conplicated. Let mw know in case you need further assistance.

i have read through the example but the example uses the custom: button card.
I dont know if i fully understand what you are proposing regarding having it next to it. are you referring to having a second card.
I dont understand how i can do what you are proposing? can you guide me a bit more?

thanks

Ok I just realized that the link I sent you is a fairly complex example :sweat_smile:

I would use something like the vertical-stack-in-card put a horizontal-stack in there with one card being the check-button-card and one card for the image.

do you know if it is a possibility to use card-mod and then change the background picture based on the state?

or just adding a picture for a background?

Don’t know to be honest. Did not do a lot of frontend customization yet.

ok. but i think the vertical stack solution is a good way to go. I have installed it through HACS.

I have tried to set it up but i get an error.

also when i just look at vertical stack it says.

what am i missing?

I will check when I’m at home.

udpate
i got it working. missing spaces.

how would you do the automation of the two cards so when a severity level is reach the other card switches state? right now i have made it as a custom button. trying to figure out how to add a toggle to a picture card.

card configuration:
{
cards:

• entity: sensor.water_plants
    title: waterplants
    height: 140px
    width: 180px
    severity:
    • hue: ‘120’
      value: 5 minutes
    • hue: ‘40’
      value: 10 minutes