Websocket in Hass.io

Nope, still nothing.

Any updates here with Samsung TV’s. I have a UN65KS8000 I would like to get working with HASSIO. I report all of the issues everyone else above have mentioned.

I have found the solution to the problem.

To correctly install websocket-client you have to follow the following steps:

sudo systemctl stop [email protected]
sudo -u homeassistant -H -s
source /srv/homeassistant/bin/activate
pip3 install websocket-client
exit
sudo systemctl start [email protected]

and with that it will be properly installed and will work correctly.

I hope I do not bother to relive the thread.

regards

Are you using Hass.io or full home assistant? I didn’t think any of your commands would work in hass.io

1 Like

This is the frustrating part of home assistant. I am running Hass.io through virtual box and found this as well as some other ‘apps’ that just wont work. Installed on windows through python - and it works. All a little confusing.

Hi, did anyone get this to work? I am also running hassio and I bought a samsung TV that I cannot control…

Anything yet on this? No websockets

For those that have just ran that linked HTML code above as-is, and it failed… there’s a reason: Authentication: https://developers.home-assistant.io/docs/api/websocket#authentication-phase
Just for a test, comment out the “ws.send” and ONLY send the "type": "<token>" with “ws.send”.

Now the output should be

{"type": "auth_ok", "ha_version": "<version#>"}

{"type": "auth_required", "ha_version": "<version#>"}

Connected...

Now you’ll see you’re authenticated and can continue forth. (I’m just starting out and discovered this)

Can you paste the full line you had success with? Cause I don*t get it working as you described (And I guess maybe I don’t use it properly!)