What can I do with an RGB Bulb?

I just got my first RGB bulb and want to know what are some things you guys do with your RGB bulbs? I want to set up an automation that blinks a certain color depending on whats going on.

I flash a lot of mine purple when the doorbell rings.

I flash one lamp green at sunset.

I have a lamp that changes colour based on room temperature.

All my smart lights turn on a dim red if I get up late at night, to preserve night vision and make it easy to get back to sleep.

I have an artificial sunrise simulation in my bedrooms that changes from a dim deep orange to a bright blue white over half an hour before I get up.

1 Like

I have RGB porch lights. Mostly for the integration, less so for the color.

On holidays or for seasons, they match the season. Currently they cycle between green, red, off-white, blue, and purple for the holidays. Every 20 seconds or so they transition colors.

1 Like

Also here’s a post on changing the colour based on a sensor value:

I have one of mine turn red in the morning by where my cats food bowls are and will stay red until i press the button on the food container. Then it will flash green twice as a confirmation that it was registered, then go back to being a normal light.

Mainly used so that me or the spouse knows if the other person already fed the cats, as we start our mornings at different times.

1 Like

Thank you for your help! I have a problem with my rgb bulb. Its a Zemismart E27 matter bulb. When I use the following action in my automation the bulb turns on the last used value instead of the value in the automation which is blue. Is this normal? If not what could be the problem?

service: light.turn_on
target:
  device_id: ca1f437566e5437e64a125a929d36962
data:
  rgb_color:

I don’t know, I don’t have any of those bulbs. I can change my Lifx bulbs stats even when they are off with a dedicated service only applicable to Lifx hardware.