What do I need for openDTU? (Hoymiles HMS-800-2T)

Hello,

since some weeks I have an balcony power station with an integrated DTU. I would like to add the power station to HA and I saw that this is possible with openDTU.
Now I don’t know which individual parts I need to buy. I use the Hoymiles HMS-800-2T balcony power station, so I need the CMT2300A RF module, but which ones exactly and what else do I need?

Could someone please create a shopping cart (Amazon or Aliexpress) where all the parts I need are listed?

Thanks in advanced.

1 Like

You seem to have been left stranded here. Have you seen:

For me the conclusion seems to be, avoid Hoymiles. But for you you it’s too late for that. So perhaps just ignore everything built-in and use a shelly or something in the power line.

Hmm, I have the aforementioned Hoymiles HMS-800-2T and it’s working just fine - no issues whatsoever. They Hoymiles micro inverters are actually well-regraded by the solar community over here (Germany). Which doesn’t rule out that they may have some not-so-great models in their lineup …

Anyway, as for the original poster: I got a pre-built OpenDTU kit off of eBay. Quite a few people seem to be selling prebuilt kits there, often with a nice 3D-printed enclosure. It integrated into HA right away, running flawlessly for several months now.