What is currently best way to use Amazon Echo/Alexa

Sorry, I mean that after changing the configurator adding emulated_hue … then restarting HA, and then going into Alexa app and do the discovery, it doesn’t discover anything (only the hardware Hue hub lights and scenes)

What happens if you look directly at the Hue’s API? Is it generating anything?

http://192.168.1.104:8300/api/username/lights

(get the IP and the port from your emulated_hue settings)

When I do that, I see JSON defining my emulated entities.

Just a guess as I don’t have a real Hue bridge, but the real Hue bridge might be interfering with the Emulated Hue bridge. Try turning off the real Hue Bridge, restarting HA and doing the discovery again in Alexa. That it my setup.

now {}

I take out expose_by_default: false

and I get all my list
{“group.all_devices”: {“modelid”: “HASS123”, “name”: “all devices”, “state”: {“bri”: 0, “on”: false, “reachable”: true}, “swversion”: “123”, “type”: “Dimmable light”, “uniqueid”: “group.all_devices”}, “group.all_lights”: {“modelid”: “HASS123”, “name”: “all lights”, “state”: {“bri”: 255, “on”: true, “reachable”: true}, “swversion”: “123”, “type”: “Dimmable light”, “uniqueid”: “group.all_lights”}
much much longer list

but still nothing

will try this (but I need both hubs!!).

EDIT: nope, disconnected the Hub hardware, restart the HA, re discover in Alexa app … nada (all the Hue groups stayed in the Alexa app, but no additional device)

you have a hardware hue hub??

this is the log

16-11-25 23:03:30 homeassistant.components.emulated_hue: Listen IP address not specified, auto-detected address is 192.168.1.12

the correct IP address of the HA server

My items that show in Alexa from HA show up as “dimmable light” instead of Lightify or Wink.

I have a real hub and an emulated hue. The output that I gave the link to is your emulated hue.

Yes the IP I gave is of the HA server

I have HA on Windows 10, it can be the cause of failure?

Anyway I ordered a Pi

today this

500 Internal Server Error

Server got itself in trouble

I also ran into an Emulated Hue / Real Hue issue. My router would only see the Emulated Hue, with the real Hue hub no longer showing up on the Almond+'s hue list.
Not sure if there is a way to differentiate them in HASS…

Stupid question… They have different IP addresses. Right?

yes
HA 192.168.1.12
Hue Bridge 192.168.1.80

I have all static IP assigned to MAC addresses (almost all of them). FOr sure HA server and Hue bridge are assigned

The above error went away now, now it shows correctly only the switche. Is it correct that they have assigned DIMMABLE LIGHT type?

{“switch.p11_asus”: {“modelid”: “HASS123”, “name”: “Asus Ufficio”, “state”: {“bri”: 255, “on”: true, “reachable”: true}, “swversion”: “123”, “type”: “Dimmable light”, “uniqueid”: “switch.p11_asus”}, “switch.p12_hue”: {“modelid”: “HASS123”, “name”: “Hue hub e Extender P12”, “state”: {“bri”: 255, “on”: true, “reachable”: true}, “swversion”: “123”, “type”: “Dimmable light”, “uniqueid”: “switch.p12_hue”}, “switch.p13_projector”: {“modelid”: “HASS123”, “name”: “Living Projector P13”, “state”: {“bri”: 255, “on”: true, “reachable”: true}, “swversion”: “123”, “type”: “Dimmable light”, “uniqueid”: “switch.p13_projector”}, “switch.samsung_blu_ray”: {“modelid”: “HASS123”, “name”: “Samsung Blu Ray”, “state”: {“bri”: 0, “on”: false, “reachable”: true}, “swversion”: “123”, “type”: “Dimmable light”, “uniqueid”: “switch.samsung_blu_ray”}, “switch.tv”: {“modelid”: “HASS123”, “name”: “Panasonic TV”, “state”: {“bri”: 0, “on”: false, “reachable”: true}, “swversion”: “123”, “type”: “Dimmable light”, “uniqueid”: “switch.tv”}}

Same here. I try to keep everything that is home automation-related locked into a specific IP either statically at client where possible or via static/reserved leases at the router end.

all of mine coming from HA show as dimmable light.

With the latest update, it became much easier to use the emulated hue bridge component, without the ha-bridge.

see my example config here: