What is overriding my Homeassistant title Home Assistant?

using yaml mode, I have this set in ui-lovelace.yaml:

title: Ha Rpi4

resources: !include lovelace/resources.yaml
button_card_templates: !include lovelace/includes/button_card_templates.yaml
decluttering_templates: !include_dir_named lovelace/decluttering_templates
#custom_header: !include lovelace/includes/custom_header.yaml

views:
  - !include lovelace/views/view_Home.yaml                   #0
  - !include lovelace/views/view_Lights.yaml                 #1
etc etc

When I load the instance, it briefly shows the set Title, and then shows Home Assistant. I had Custom Header installed, but for testing purposes disabled that. Also restarted a couple of times and cleared cache repeatedly.

see what happens (the blank flashing is when I click reload) :

configuration.yaml holds the same name, but shouldn’t really be of importance any longer. Clicking the general settings reveals the correct name also, although it shows I am in yaml mode, and cant change it there:

please have a look, thanks!

inspect the element with chrome dev tools and see what’s written.

this is what is prints:

ch-stack ?

@mayker could it be CH remnants? Hoe to get rid of this? and why does it say Home Assistant?

something is being placed over your normal main-title.

Remove his resource and it will probably work.

yes!
that was it. I did take out the ui-lovelace.yaml pointer to Custom Header, but the custom card was still loaded via the resources. Took it out and there was my correct name. Which brings me to 2 new questions for Custom Header:
1 - don’t override the title set in ui-lovelace.yaml
2 - be compatible with @thomasloven s favicon. 🔹 favicon - Change the favicon or title of your Home Assistant interface

of course the latter would be a vice versa :wink: Ill ask there also.

thanks or the hint @petro.

btw, I did manage now to reach the end goal, of dedicated icons and instance names according to the favicon custom component. Steps:

1- completely remove pointers to Custom Header, both in resources and ui-lovelace.yaml)
2- setup favicon according to https://github.com/thomasloven/hass-favicon
3- (re)install Custom Header

Note to have set a title in Ui-Lovelace.yaml, which should be default for all other integration/custom components really…
thanks

I replied to your question on the title before here. Custom Header hides the default header and makes a new one. The header text is templatable, but it should use the one from lovelace config as default and I’ll probably add that to the next release.

HI Ryan,
we crossposted… thanks!
And yes you did, I just hadn’t linked it to this issue.
Please add that indeed, it would make a big difference.

Also as the steps I outlined above show, somehow the CH interferes with the favicon installation. Not only does it keep the Lovelace title from showing, but as a consequence it seems to stop styling the favicon as set in the favicon integration.

would be awesome if you could check why this would be and if you could join forces! Ive also asked Thomas here so no further need to post on your thread or Github is there …:wink: