What the heck is with the 'latest state change' not being kept after restart?

I still don’t get how this still could be an issue.
Facts:

  • HA needs to be rebooted weekly to keep up with latest updates
  • Yo need to reload the configuration (=restart) EVERY TIME you do anything which is not possible to do in the GUI, like basic stuff of adding a template sensor, a light group, etc. My average is around 30 restarts per day if I am actually working with HA.

Reasons for not making the last changed timestamp persistent mentioned:

  • You don’t need to restart, why do you keep restarting so often? Voided by facts above
  • Something could have happened while HA restarts!
    So what!? Then you have a last_changed which is 99% accurate (in case something happened during the 30s downtime during restart). It is better to have something that is 99% accurate than having something that is guaranteed 100% wrong!. I mean, saying it changed because of reboot is always wrong; no doors are opening because HA restarts!
  • something might change during startup Same argument as previous point.
  • Might break some existing logic Simple solution: simply introduce a last_changed_persistent attribute on all entities. Nothing will break.

If devs/admins are so sure that current behaviour of last_change is expected and wanted, simply introduce a last_changed_persistent attribute for all entities, wait a year, and see which attribute is used the most. I’m sure 99% of the community would prefer the last_changed_persistent one.

I mean, come on! I see 30+ row code solutions per entity above in this thread. Per entity. And to code all of that, you would need to restart the HA once more to make it apply and each time you add anything or remove anything, causing even more restarts. Having a persistant last_changed attribute is what everyone expect! It should be the default one. Perhaps add a

reset_all_my_timestamps_all_the_time: true

in the config if you actually WANT the current confusing behaviour?