What/who turned on light? Missing in logs

I have a light that sometimes I finds on and I don’t know what/who turned it on.
In the log I can see some state changes with username or automation that triggered it, but some don’t have any info about the origin of the trigger. For example today at 9:18:47 this light turned on, but…who/what turned it on?

How can I investigate this?
Thanks!

Typically (though not always, because Home Assistant’s logging is not 100% comprehensive) - in this situation it means the light was turned on, OUTSIDE of Home Assistant. Whether manually at a switch or whether something like Alexa, Google etc was asked to turn it on, or it could have been turned on in an app.

Thanks for the info, but in my case the light is connected to a ModBus relay controlled by Home Assistant (through Node Red). There are no buttons, other apps, Alexa or similar. It can be controlled only by HA…

Really would be nice if it was an external device that turned something on/off if logbook showed the IP of who sent the message. Might not help in the ModBus case, but would help in many others.

1 Like

I created an automation that sent a message with the user-friendly name