Whats the Best 433Mhz solution?

OK thanks for that - i have ordered the Sonoff 433Mhz gateway to get myself started - will see how good that is and what it will let me achieve.

At this stage i only want to retrieve signals rather than send - so hopefully a flash with ESPhome or OpenMQTT will do the job

Will report back

Craig

2 Likes

Hello,
I have a 433 Mhz receiver like the one in the picture and two Digoo DG-R8H, I made the connections on the raspberry and followed the instructions to the letter GitHub - aquaticus/nexus433: 433MHz temperature and humidity sensor receiver that integrates with home automation systems., the sensors are recognized and work, but I can’t to integrate them into Home Assistant, I added the configuration in the 'configuration.yaml
mqtt:
discovery: true
And

• platform: mqtt
    state_topic: ‘nexus433 / sensor / 0xf190aaf29_f101 / state’
    name: ‘Bedroom Humidity’
    expire_after: 90
    unit_of_measurement: ‘%’
    device_class: humidity
    availability_topic: ‘nexus433 / sensor / 0xf190aaf29_f101 / connection’
    value_template: ‘{{value_json.humidity}}’

but to no avail, what am I doing wrong?
thank you

rarp433rf

One more twist. I have some sensors broadcasting on 433MHz and some on 915 MHz. Is there a way to use one SDR radio and switch the listening frequencies on a timer. I realize I may miss some data, but I’m looking for Temp, Humidity, Wind speed and direction and those values don’t change fast enough to worry about. And I may even be able to pick up my Gas or Water meter on that higher frequency.

If you are using rtl_433, there is a function you can enable to jump back and forth between multiple frequencies at whatever interval you want. I was doing it for a while to get some 319mhz alarm sensors to work along with the rest of my 433mhz stuff.

It doesn’t look like rtl_433 supports hopping on the millisecond level. How are you able to get away with it if you hop between two frequencies on alarm sensors? I have some contact sensors that transmit 5 packets on each state change, I migth be able to set the hopping to 1 second but I might be cutting it short.

Hi, i search a way to work with 433 Mhz with mit Home Asisstant, but he ist running on an Linux VM, i don´t had Pins; Any ideas ?

I Head this converter, can i use it on any way ? Adapter and a this can i Use andy of this and how can i use it

To pick up 433mhz signals on a computer you can try an RTL SDR, to decode the signals and push them to an MQTT broker you have the RTL_433 addon.