What's up docker? How to keep your containers up to date

Ah I see. FWIW you don’t need to hide IP addresses of local networks (192.168.x.x etc.), an attacker can’t use it to get access to your network.

true… but just to be sure hahahahaha… anyway still puzzle on why it doesnt work. Maybe because I used docker-socket-proxy? unsure what is the socket need to be declare. 192.168.x.x:2376 maybe?

I don’t know, I just modified the docker service file on the individual hosts to listen to all connections on port 2375. I don’t use SSL for my internal network, all local connections are http, for my needs that’s totally fine.

thank man for the assist… I guess I need to wait. And I did not used SSL either since all my docker host locally contained.

You are using TLS which is an improved version of SSL. Without TLS it’s as easy as changing the docker service file to get access to the remote docker API, no need for an additional container or similar.

Somehow in order to get supervised version of HA, I will required TLS in order for getting monitor docker. So Its force by hahahaha…

Anyway got more problem some how only WUD info get pass into MQTT the rest of my tag container did not get send into my HA.

Does wud support swarms? Looking at moving my non-HA stuff to a swarm

Not explicitly…

But wud is just using informations from running Docker containers (using the Docker socket) so it will work for a Docker Swarm install as well.

The only drawback is that you’ll maybe receive duplicate notifications.
But it will really depends on your setup:

• how many instances of the same service are running in your swarm?
  • how many Docker hosts are monitored?
  • how do you report available updates (notifications, mqtt…)?

The best answer I can give you; give it a try first :wink:
And then, if you observe some points that could be improved, report them and I’ll try to sort them out.

Try your scripts and getting errors on line 4 where fi part. What did I do wrong?

Not sure where it is that you are having issues. Can you provide the specific script line and the error?

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 7.23.30 PM

as attached the error messages

Hello My HA Only see binary_sensor.wud_container_local_wud (off state) and one docker with update. I dont no what is this binary_sensor.wud_container_local_wud, and how can see all docker whitout update?
Thank you,

Hi,

WUD creates 1 binary_sensor per container.

Sensors flip to on when an update is available.

All update infos can be accessed from sensor attributes.

Please provide a bit more context so that I can help you:

• What’s your setup (docker hosts, containers…)?
  • What’s your WUD configuration?
  • What does WUD log?

Thank you.

Please try removing these two lines. They were left over from the original script and are not necessary.

if [[ -z $SILENT ]]; then
fi

I already suspect on this… Thanks bro. Now I need to test it on making single WUD to work on all my docker remotely

Good luck! It’s a little tricky but I’m sure you’ll figure it out.

For SSL_IP, I recommend entering a comma separated list of every IP that could potentially run Docker or need to connect to Docker. For instance 192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.2 and so on until 192.168.1.50. You can then use the keys on all hosts. Generate them one and use them over and over. Makes it much easier.

hello, thank you your help. I reinstalling twice and the data came to HA. The WUD see all containers, It send to MQTT just wud and one container with update.

I not change config. Just remove and create twice. Now working.

btw for the IP can we use xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/xx so it can cover the entire IP? or I need to listed all the IP intended to be use?

Will need to list each address.

alright bro… thank you soo much it work…