Where did the AD config go with update to 0.15.0?

omg, dont know what i did but my home assistant is completely unresponsive, like its stopped running …

I’m running on Home Assistant OS:

• Core 2023.11.2
  • Supervisor 2023.11.3
  • Operating System 11.1
  • Frontend 20231030.2

I initially had the same problem with the “missing” secrets.yaml.

I changed the path in the appdaemon.yaml to /homeassistant/secrets.yaml. Now AppDaemon acts really weird:
It’s running, somehow. But the Addon page for AppDaemon acts as if the Addon is not started: I can click “start” (a spinner spins for a short time, nothing else happens), I have no “stop” or “restart”, in the upper right corner is a red circle telling me on hover “add-on is stopped”.
On the other hand- new entries are showing up under “log”, although I have no idea where the logfile(s) are that are being filled. I can’t find them anywhere, not under /addon_configs/, nor /config/ nor any other folder.

If I uninstall and reinstall AppDaemon nothing changes.

Has anyone an idea what I can do? Thanks!

Online again!

There where several other references in the appdaemon.yaml file for logging paths that needed to be changed as well:

secrets: /homeassistant/secrets.yaml
logs:
main_log:
filename: /homeassistant/logs/appdaemon.log
access_log:
filename: /homeassistant/logs/access.log
error_log:
filename: /homeassistant/logs/error.log
diag_log:
filename: /homeassistant/logs/diag.log

So, I can confirm that the change of all reference paths in the appdaemon.yaml file and moving the config to the new addons folder in appdeamon 0.15.2 fix the problem.

damn just saw that my AD get problems…

Is it possible to solve this issue w/o a backup?
I worked yesterday really hard on some other points in HA and it would be very bad if I lost this work :frowning:

I downloaded Full Backup 2023-11-11 23_00_00.tar (with AD version 14.0)
Is it possible to grab the config from there and copy it in the correct folders right now?

Just grap the data from the backup is not possible?

I have a practical question due to the relocation of the AppDemon configuration folder:

I used to edit the apps.yaml file with VS Code on Windows where I mapped a share onto a drive letter. As the file resided within the config folder, it was easy to edit it together with all the other relevant files. Maybe there is a way to link the new AppDemon configuration folder back to the previous (and now empty) AppDemon folder in the HA config folder so that I can retain my current setup?

It is! You can use 7-Zip to unpack your backup file. You need to to this twice as the *.gz file will be unpacked to a *.tar file which you can unpack again. Then you will find all your files.

Doesnt work :frowning:
Now I started the HA config & AD partiell backup and hope I can clear the AD folder (Where did the AD config go with update to 0.15.0? - #5 by Neil_Brownlee)

If you just want to have it all together in VS Code, you could just open the folder to the new AD config location in addition to your HA config. You’d have both folders open then in a workspace

1 Like

Sure you are using 7-Zip? Seems like it is still WinZip or something.

okay, so I am back at 14.0 and see my AD files.

Can you please explain point 2?
with File Editor I dont see a folder name addon_configs

what do I need to access the folder by using the Terminal & SSH addon?

ah, I used WinZip - didnt know that there is a difference :wink:

Just struggle with point 2 :/(

1 Like

Thank you, @andarotajo! I used to have the config Samba share mapped to a drive letter (H:) so I may need another mapped share to access the AppDemon configuration folder as well.

Now I tried to open both folders right from \\HOMEASSISTANT. They are visible and accessible:

grafik

In VS Code, the config part works but the AD folder does not seem to be accessible:

It seems that VS Code tries to retrieve the AD folder from within in the config share which fails. Is there another way to connect to both folders there?

Edit:

Now it works! :slight_smile: Please see below!

Mhh haven’t done anything with my mapped drive yet but I also have it on config currently. Just tried opening the folders in VS Code and the following worked for me:

1. New VS Code window
  2. File → Open Folder
  3. Open the Samba share using \\<IP>\
  4. Open the first folder
  5. File → Add Folder to Workspace
  6. Select the other folder

Now I have both folders open. I’m on Windows if that matters

2 Likes

Now I got it working! :slight_smile:

In the meantime, I tried it the other way around: As a first step, I have added the AD apps folder to the workspace. After that, I have added the config folder. For whatever reason, both folder do appear now within VS Code which is exactly what I wanted to achieve!

grafik

Thanks again and much appreciated, @andarotajo!

2 Likes

Hi,
struggling hard to get my sonoff NSPanel running with the Lovelace/AppDaemon combo…
I can’t find ANY of the folders and files that are mentioned for AD over the internet, not a single yaml-file, no folder, nothing. The AD server is, however, running fine, but I can’t find the missing yaml-files to edit and since AD has moved the locations, all previous online help documentations and videos have become redundant over night :roll_eyes:

Could someone help me on locating those files that can’t seem to be localized by both file editor and VSCode?

I’m not using the File editor add-on but I’ve just installed it to see if I can help. If you go to the add-on configuration, is the option Enforce Basepath turned on? If yes, turn that off and reload the add-on and you should be able to navigate a level up where you find addon_configs

3 Likes

that did it! Thanks @andarotajo

I did not change any of the options/configuration, just plain install.
Where can I set this up? go to the addon dashboard, click on AppDaemon and then third tab “configuration”? There is no option such as “Enforce Basepath”.

This option is available in the File editor add-on, not AppDaemon.

1 Like

I’m reeling from a dead AppDaemon after upgrades. I have an AD app that loads data from a CSV. Can someone give me the correct path to use after all of Home Assistant’s recent path updates? I used to look for
/config/appdaemon/apps/contacts.csv
I tried the path to where I now see AD via my Samba share…
/addon_configs/a0d7b954_appdaemon/apps/contacts.csv
and also simply contacts.csv

1 Like