Where does Home Assistant wirte the logs

Just wonder where I can the logs I do see when I type
sudo systemctl status [email protected] -l

2 Likes

All the logs from home assistant are in the root folder where your installation is ( it depends on the type of installation you made )

The log file is called homeassistant.log and is normally in the .homeassistant folder under /home/hass in my case

Hope that helps

1 Like

Many thanks for that response. When I look and compare
more home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/home-assistant.log with
sudo systemctl status [email protected] -l there is a quite difference. I just wonder where I do get the sudo systemctl status [email protected] -l logs to view or how to configure Home Assistant to write all information to his own logs.

I don’t think i can help you more with that , as we’re probably not running on the same OS . as an example , my home assistant.service as you stated above is home-assistant.service

But i would say to look into the logger component, if you set it to info , you’ll find all logs from home assistant in the home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/home-assistant.log file

i’ve seen a bit more info in the syslog file in the var/log folder but all in all , you should find all the information in the home assistant log once you set it to info … but beware , you will flood your log :slight_smile:

Hi mate, is this accessible from the SD card inserted into my laptop? Or do I need to know how to find it through ssh? Low system knowledge here, trying very hard but if something is not laid out in a cut/paste level of simplicity I am lost :frowning:

Both ways will be OK if you installed it in a good way (exposing docker, if docker install).
I find it easier to SSH, most probably host OS is not a problem so SSH will work.

In my case log file are here: /config/home-assistant.log

3 Likes

Thanks! Works for me too.