Which in-house camera is the easiest to integrate into the HA system (must meet the following 6 key criteria)?

I have 4 LeFun cameras that I’ve acquired over the years (before HA). I had to search for an event the other day and it was impossible to find - so I need something more modern. These will be to replace those. And with the sweet amazon return policy, I can always send back if they don’t fit the bill exactly.

Appreciate the info.

Nice - looking forward to incorporating them.

As i understood it full featured ONVIF cameras need a setup for working. It is normal that this i done by a camera app and regulation made the process easier.

But if it is full supported ONVIF i should be able to use a device Manager software and just do the steps manually - as least as long as i connect the camera with a cable during setup.

Is that right?

From a time long ago, something like four years, I had a really old Instar Outdoor camera collecting dust. They actually updated the firmware a while ago to enable ONVIF. In HA I just integrated ONVIF, entered the camera IP and that was it.

I have both a HikVision and TP-Link Tapo camera working with HA. One is wired and PoE (HikVision) the other plugs into a wall outlet and is WiFi (Tapo). Neither uses the cloud, and both were easy to set up with Frigate and HA camera integration.

Greg

1 Like