Which pellets- or wood chip heating system available in Austria is supported in HA?

Hi,

we are in the process of figuring out what our new heating system will be. I am using a bit of home assistant and want to be able to do following with HA and the heating:

• read
    • burner times
    • temperatures
    • …?
  • write
    • change at home and eco mode?

That’s just a first rough idea and I am happy to hear if this is not enough as well.

Can you recommend a not to expensive heating brand which has a integration with home assistant?

Thanks in advance!
Andreas

Hi just found your post and wanted to share some things I found out if this topic is still relevant for you:

I was able to test a ETA PelletsUnit that provides a local REST API with XML data and was able to extract most of the usful data (temperature, humidity, pellets consumption, overall operation time) with a simple HA rest component (polling every minute). I even found a documentation from ETA how to use the API but it’s quite cumbersome since you need to find the “bus addresses” of the values you want to monitor in this huge XML tree (which would be the reason why I think you cannot make a integration for this brand as the bus addresses seem to depend on where each sensor is connected on the… mainboard? of the heating system). You should be able to set some values with POST requests but I didn’t try this one myself as I only want to track the values.

The only brand with a HA core integration that operates in Austria would be Viessmann I guess.

I would suggest you look up what brands are installed by your local heating installer and than search on the brand’s website for documentation if data is accessable with a local API or search on google if someone found out how to communicate with these brands. Beware that there seem to be some brands that charges 100€ or more for a “web module” so that you can access the data from your heating system locally (don’t remember the name of this brand right now).

1 Like

All stoves based on Duepi Evo boards should work.

1 Like

@DarkC Thanks for sharing you experience.

It would at least be great to be able to switch between different heating modes like:

• warmwater only
  • heating only
  • heating & warmwater

for the rest I also don’t see to much necessity to change something in the system, just monitor it.

@aceindy this is a nice list to have. thank you as well!

At some stage I would like to replace my current solution (esplink) for ESPHome, but it does work as is :wink:

Nothing as permanent as a makeshift solution! ¯_(ツ)_/¯