Which (smart) boilers (electric water heater) do exist, and are there integrations?

Hi All,

Does anybody have tips for buying a new electric boiler, which can be controlled by HA?

For example the Tesy Modeco cloud do have a GUI for local use, but not sure if they have an open API?

I want to use this boiler for hot water for shower, and it should be powered during the periods my solar energy is delivering power to the grid, and this should be controlled by HA.

Thanks!

1 Like

Sorry, when you said boiler I was thinking heating systems. I even had an idea what to answer.

Sounds like what you’re looking for is an electric water heater. I don’t have any current information on those.

Hi @ronnie_j
I did decided for Ariston Velis. Not yet installed but I have the same use cases as you. When I test it I will let you know.

Hi Domin,

Thanks for the response, strange how few people seem to have an interest in this…

The Velis unit you describe, is that the ‘eco dry’ series? They seems to only have 45/65/80 liter versions? The 2 vertical heating elements look nice, this unit can be placed in sight, quite sleek design!

I found they have an App, but nothing about an internal API. Are you planning on hardware modifications?

Adding this thread:

Hi Ronnie,

It is Ariston Velis Evo 100V (WiFi) which is described as 100l unit. I did realised that on EN version of Ariston web page there are other models with other symbols…strange.
Mine is described here (PL version): Ariston Group
Unit can be operated via Ariston Aqua Net application, which can be integrated with HA via:
GitHub - chomupashchuk/ariston-aqua-remotethermo-home-assistant: Aqua Ariston NET Remotethermo for Home Assistant
As I saw, there are details regarding available API
Unfortunately Oleh (developer) dropped support of this integration but hopefully it will still work.
Im not planning any hardware modifications :slight_smile:
Still not yet installed…

Cheers.