Which smart outlet (plug) do you use for power monitoring?

Also sonoff S31 (not S31 lite) - you could go sonoff integration via cloud, you could go tasmota, and then there’s also sonoff local integration in HACS.
SONOFF S31/S31LITE - Power Usage Monitor Plug Wifi Smart Socket

… worth mentioning at least.

@obaldius Regarding this Xiaomi XM500008 - does it work like a Zigbee router or extender only? I am currently using Sonoff Zibgee bridge (ZHA) and want to have backup solution in case that it brokes. Beside of it I need smart power plug with power meter function, so it will be great if Xiaomi XM500008 will be good for both purposes. Does it need to be tasmotized / flashed?

it works out of the box, nothing needs to be done but it’s an extender. AFAIK It won’t replace your conbee or whatever you are using. I though router was the right word :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Actually you are right, I need backup gateway, and the router only extends the signal. Thanks! :slight_smile:

I’m using Neo Coolcam and I’m very happy. IT’s a z-wave device and it’s very reliable.

I wan’t to use the smart plug to monitor power produced by my plug-in solar panels (only 3).
Wifi, zigbee or zwave ones are all options.

Anyone can recommend one (EU version) ?

I made my choice in favor of Shelly devices. I use Shelly 1PM in sockets in which there is a need to plug/unplug devices. For other cases Shelly Plug S.

Main advantages:

• Very stable WiFi connection (I haven’t noticed any WiFi drops yet)
  • Can work completely locally
  • Native integration in HomeAssistant
  • Immediate response to requests
  • Access to the device’s Web interface
  • Quiet operation of the relay
  • Ability to completely disable the LED
  • Small sizes

I bought some of these MOES Tuya sockets, and I managed to get the electricity use data with localtuya, and that seems to work. But it looks like they don’t update often enough.

I want to use a socket to measure how much energy my Quooker uses (hot water boiler), and it seems it only powers on for about 10 seconds every 30 minutes or so, and the socket doesn’t store the energy use.

Are there sockets that have higher refresh rate or at least store the usage internally? Or can I get my sockets to measure better? (Can’t flash them).

[Additonal question] If I look for different plugs, how conscious do I need to be of the max load? I find many 10A plugs. My water boiler is exactly 10A/2300W, am I safe, or should I go for more?

+1 as @Oligarch, shelly is the quickest and easiest one

I would also like to see some “smart” power strip from Shelly; it would be a best buy, especially for manage desk cables :frowning: (monitor, pc, tablet, etc);

I don’t like the idea to add a single Shelly Plug S for every plug in the power strip or build my DIY power strip with Shelly EM inside (too big)