Whisper API home assistant (Wyoming)

Hi everyone.
I’m looking for someone who wants to create a python script or an add-on for home assistant, written with the specifications of the Wyoming protocol, which allows to replace the local version of whisper with the one provided by OpenAi via API. If you ask me why, well, I don’t think I’m the only one who wants to spend money to buy a new PC just to make the whisper service work decently locally. If you know anyone who has already developed it, please let me know. If you are willing to lend a hand, I will be grateful.

Have you looked at this?

It was moved from the Voice discussion to “Community Guides”. Clearly the HA folks don’t want people to find this. Their loss…

‘Community guides’ is a special topic that is used for the more ‘global’ subjects, especially ones that are likely to change often like this one. Some members of the community are allowed to edit the top post in this category should the need to arise beyond just the author and the mods. This makes the top topic a community effort that works a lot like Wikipedia so that the author themselves is not burdened with always having to edit for changes or corrections.

Also, unless you use special search modes, search is not topic dependent. You should be able to find it just the same.

1 Like

I can move it back if you want? That’s where people look for “how to” guides (as opposed to "How do I… questions). :roll_eyes:

Ok, makes sense now that you explain it that way!