Why can’t we have UI like these? Quite inspiring!

Very pretty :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you still working on this?

I am, I realized I was missing lots of integrations to move forward with styling things. I did make some progress before going down the hole of settings up, MQTT, a music server, motion/temp/light sensors, etc…

But here are a few updated images

I think a big reason why this is so hard to do in Lovelace is that you have to be a .css expert. I’ve tried adjusting card spacing between elements with Card Modder and utterly failed. I’d love to see more flexibility for customizing cards from .yaml or a slightly higher level than Card Modder and CSS.

Another thing missing is the ability to make a lot of small device/task specific UI’s like that shown for “take a bath”. I would love a UI to pop up for specific tasks like that, but Lovelace wants to make everything a permanent tab. You can do a bit with custom compact header or pop up card, but it would still be very hard to make a bunch of little task specific UI’s like the take a bath one shown with Lovelace.

For full screen UI’s like those shown for a specific room, would be great to have the ability to quickly swipe cards from room to room to examine and control on mobile. There is a swipe card so maybe its possible but would be tricky to adapt to device type like tablet/laptop with current Lovelace capabilities.

Pretty cool I am also plying with dashboards… now it’s homepanel and my result looks like this for the moomen but still WIP

I can send pics to my dashboard with my xmpp integration node-red and mqtt… still work in progress but looking ok so far for me.

But i totally agree… software part from hoe assistant is almost perfect… now there should be spend some time in making it looking good profesional and easy to setup (i know a lot of criterias :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes