Why can't home assistant find my activities? (Harmony Remote) - newb help please!

I created this for my configuration.yaml file however, it doesn’t seem to pull any activities from the hub, is it supposed to? There’s only an on/off switch for “downstairs” how do I get it to show my activities?

- platform: harmony
name: living_room
host: 192.168.1.148

You might want to include the words ‘Harmony remote’ in your thread title, plus:

unfortunately I can’t help with the Harmony stuff as I don’t have one. I just wanted to help you get an answer from others by clearing up your post.

Look to see if you have a harmony_living_room.conf in your HA config folder. If you open it up with a text editor it should list your activities and device commands if it has correctly discovered the device.

From there you need to create your own sensors etc. to display the activities and run them, examples shown in the documentation.

Your indentation is way off. Should be:

remote:
  - platform: harmony
    name: living_room
    host: 192.168.1.148

that just displays harmony hub 2 and that its on, but no activities…

@gbboy, yes I have two harmony hubs, but it definitely shows them both, and it does list the activities, how do I get them on the page? it isn’t listing my devices on the home page

where do I put the sensors? on the configuration.yaml or in the harmony hub conf?

This thread has the stuff that pointed me in the right direction, I’ve linked another users post as they addressed the same thing you are asking. All of it goes in your configuration.yaml.