Why cant we backup to nabu casa

I know this isn’t home assistant, but having an integrated backup would be amazing - I don’t need my db backed up, but all the configs would be amazing.

I personally use a Google Drive add-on to backup off-site, but yeah, this would fit me personally as well :smiley:

since this might take up sapce and space costs, would you be willing to pay an extra? just wondering

2 Likes

I went and found the Google drive solution @frenck was talking about, you can get it here: Hass.io Add-on: Hass.io Google Drive Backup

The Google drive add-on is great. The developer actively maintains it and his attention to detail shows.

It would be cool to have a one stop nabu-casa solution though. Not sure how much extra id pay for it though. $1 a month?

I would love this. And yes, if it resulted in an increase in cost I wouldn’t mind as long as its reasonable or usage-based.

I use this add-on as well and its great. Since it is the month of WTH though I do have to point out that it’s not particularly easy for a new user to find that add-on. Most new users would likely assume there is no cloud-based backup option just based on the UI and documentation of HA.

Have you considered including that repo as a default one in supervisor or working with the dev to get that add-on added to the community add-on repo? Unless nabu casa wants to provide its own cloud backup functionality as this WTH suggests, in that case please do :slight_smile:

3 Likes