Why is a qemux86-64 emulator and not a native amd64 container?

Ubuntu 20.04 x86_64. Installing HA Supervised Docker. Why is the qemux86 emulator used and not the native amd64 container?
I want fewer layers and unnecessary emulations and maximum performance without unnecessary entities.
Docker HUB has at least more suitable images
homeassistant / amd64-homeassistant
homeassistant / intel-nuc-homeassistant.
But again intel-nuc is the same amd64. Why such diversity. And what images should be used in what cases?
And what is the native installation algorithm for Ubuntu 20.04 x86_64?
Thanks in advance for your answers.

1 Like

There is no officially supported installation method that runs on Ubuntu.

See this topic for the available HA installation options.

And this topic contains a community guideline on how to install HA supervised in Ubuntu 18.04 (not officially supported!), I read there are some issues with Supervisef and 20.04, read the topic, someone wrote it there.

Yes, I’ve been to these sections. I know about the differences between the types of installations. And I understand that this type of installation is unofficial. But I can’t find an answer anywhere why the qemux86_64 container is used if the Docker HUB has a native container type for this type of amd64 architecture?

Not the developer, but my take:
Yocto and other lightweight embedded Linux distros do this, too. If you’re already working on a light release (in this case, it’s Alpine Linux + BusyBox), the penalties are a lot smaller, and it allows you a lot less variability in what you’re designing around. I’d say it’s because it allows them to focus less on the OS, and more on the infrastructure on top of it.