Why port 6053

I think you are very confused.

1 Like

Ok maybe so

try pinging the device from your ha server. If its unreable, then theres a firewall conflict. Else try this: Install ESPhome on your normal pc with “pip3 install esphome”, then download your yaml, cd in your console to the folder containing that yaml and run “esphome xyz.yaml run”. After the flash youll get the log output from the esp.

If the esphome device does not connect to wifi, it is not a firewall issue.

1 Like

Looking at @Rob_Heselwood’s yaml, he has configured firmware for esp8266 but the device is an esp32.

Did you have the ESP plugged into your HA server via USB cable?

FYI:

The ‘S’ in USB stands for ‘serial’.

If you are going to flash using your PC rather than the HA add-on then don’t use NodeMCU-PyFlasher. Use this instead.

So back to the start, plug the ESP32 into your HA server via a USB cable and try the add-on. The device should show up in the list where you found ‘OTA’. Failing that, use your PC with the flashing tool I linked to. You still need to compile the .BIN file with ESPhome (best to use the add-on) and then download that .BIN to your PC (it’s an option in the add-on). Then flash with ESPhomeFlasher.

Yep, that won’t work.

Also, make sure you use a data cable not a charging cable. Some USB ‘charging’ cables only have connections for the power which caught me out once.

Ok, I received my new ESP32, and thanks everyone for their comments.
Thanks to ‘sparkydave’ for directing me to esphome-flasher. The USB option didn’t show up in HA even after a reboot and a reconnect of the ESP32, so I compiled and downloaded the binary file, then used esphome-flasher to flash the ESP32. That all went well as it gave me an IP address and also the strength of the wifi signal, which looked promising. I then ran the log file and it didn’t show any errors as it did with previous efforts. Then automatically ESP32 was added to the lovelace gui.

1 thing I did notice was that the size of the binary file I just used was over twice the size of a previous one I used, so maybe that was the problem.

Anyway it working now.
Thanks again.

1 Like

Presumably you changed the yaml file to specify esp32 instead of esp8266. That will change the compiles file size.

Yes, but in previous efforts I’m sure I did put ESP32, but it doesn’t matter now tho’
It may also have been the bigger files size of the binary file, but again, it doesn’t matter.

Thanks

OK probably dub question but how do I enable this port or check that it is enabled?
Many thanks

I don’t know what you are trying. Where do you see this, and what did you do leading to this.