Why won't HA detect devices added from OZWCP, but it works the other way around?

Removed incorrect information.

Thatā€™s the one thatā€™s marked ā€œBackupā€ right?

Sorry no, Submit it is. Itā€™s under just about every field.

Sorry, I thought that it was obvious that once you changed a setting you needed to submit to save the changes; I thought you were referring to something else.

So I was referring to the Backup button.

To clarify; under each of the various device settings sections is a Submit button. When you make a change to a setting, for example Polling, you need to press the Submit button to save that setting.

The backup button at the top of the control panel saves the controller settings.

I used the auto installer to deploy a HA installation, which has been working well, once I got past some speedbumps. I was also looking to ā€˜mergeā€™ the OZWCP and HA Zwave configs, but I found that , while my config path in ā€˜configuration.yamlā€™ is ā€˜/srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/libopenzwave-0.3.1-py3.4-linux-armv7l.egg/configā€™, that the ā€˜configā€™ folder in ā€˜/srv/hass/src/open-zwave-control-panelā€™ is actually a symlink back to the one in my configuration file. However, there is a ā€˜zwcfg_*******.xmlā€™ and ā€˜zwscene.zmlā€™ in my ā€˜home/hass/.homeassistantā€™ folder, as well as in ā€˜/srv/hass/src/open-zwave-control-panelā€™, which I found that I had to copy out of the ā€˜/srv/hass/src/open-zwave-control-panelā€™ folder to get newer devices that I added to show up.

Did these somehow end up in the wrong place, and/or can they be symlinked?

1 Like

I have same problem as Cougar281.

Can anybody help? pls!

I have a related question about OZWCP since IĀ“m a bit confused about the whole z-wave setup.
When do you use the ā€œadd deviceā€ inside OZWCP?

I have only one device atm and all I did was pair it with the controller and then it appeared under devices in OZWCP.
After a while it appeared in HASS too but after a HASS reboot it was gone. It is also not visible in the z-wave config in HASS, still visible in OZWCP though.

Iā€™m kind of in the same boat as you here, but here is what I think I have learned.

HA will discover zwave devices that are not in a zwave network. OZWCP will see the devices that are part of HA, and let you add them to the OZWCP zwave network. The two networks donā€™t appear to be the same thing though. A zwave device can only be in one network. So here is what I do.

1. Hook up the device, go to developer tools, zwave domain, add node and try to get HA to see the device. If that works Iā€™m done, no need to go any further.
  2. shut down HA (HA and OZWCP donā€™t coexist running at the same time)
  3. from the OZWCP install directory run OZWCP
  4. put in the device name for your zwave usb stick or whatever (/dev/zwave) in my case. And initialize.
  5. Try adding a node and see if you can get the device to show up in open zwave. if it works, skip step 6.
  6. use OZWCP to remove node and while itā€™s looking turn the device on and off a couple of times. THis is to remove the device from whatever network it Thinks it is in. Go back to step 5
  7. Remove the device from OZWCP again
  8. shut down OZWCP (ctrl-c)
  9. restart HA
  10. for me the devices typically show up at reboot. IF not, try using developer_tools to add the device again.

Weird. I know next to nothing about ZWave, but all I have ever had to do was run OZWCP, initialize my stick and put the device in pairing mode. Then once the device is detected and Iā€™ve saved any settings, I save the config using the backup config button at the top.

I restart HA, wait a few minutes to let the device fully, then restart once or twice more and everything shows up.

Not sure what Iā€™m doing right; I never symlinked anything and simply have been with the same AIO install I did in May 16.

+1 to @rpitera Exactly the same from my end

mine wont read my devices folder can i do it like this?

time_zone: America/Chicago
name: Home

customize: !include customize.yaml

devices: !include known_devices.yaml
config_path: \HOOVER-HA\config\known_devices.yaml

#zone: !include zones.yaml

#sensor: !include sensors.eyaml