Wifi dimmer socket?

Hi

After having looked at results here, I did not find anything really avalaible or working here for smart Dimmable sockets. Right now I use Everspring AD142 Plug-in Dimmer module in Zwaveeverspring-prise-variateur-z-wave-ad142-2
However I think I reached my boring point with ZWave devices and their unreliability, lag in communications. So now I’m doing everything possible with ESP based devices (work a lot better and easier to debug, which is nearly impossible with Zwave sh*ts !!). I’m just looking for dimmable ESP based socket dimmer similar to the Everspring I have in Zwave ! I have done some researchs on Internet but all I could find was switch socket !!
Any suggestions ? links ?

Thanks

Vincèn

Let me know if you find one. I’ve been looking for a while now. The best I’ve been able to do is modify a dumb dimmer to dim the lights and a sonoff behind it to turn the lights on and off. So I still have to manually dim the lights at the switch.

There is a forum thread with a modified sonoff and a rotary dimmer switch and mqtt. So you end up with a dimmable smart wifi mqtt switch.

How does the sonoff actuate the rotary dimmer? did they hook up some kind of stepper motor to it? Unless the rotary dimmer is LED compatible, It wouldn’t work for me. I kept blowing LEDs out when I had the old non LED dimmers in the house.

Only thing I have found is that: https://www.tindie.com/products/Armtronix/wifi-ac-dimmer-esp8266-one-triac-board-alexaecho/ but unhappy firmware supplied with it is crap and I have not time to investigate in details how to flash it with a working one ! Developper sent me wiring but it looks like it needs to be reprogrammed both the ESP and Arduino used in it :frowning:

Thanks but this is not a dimmer, so please stay focused on subject :slight_smile:

Did you find a solution? I ordered 3 Philips LED bulbs, and i need a dimmer before them (230V), but it’s very hard to find these kind of products :-(…

I have an old RF power dimmer, but i’m worried that the will kill them… And i also need a proper solution i can integrate within HA…

Unhappy not, as product I talked about I got no time to make it work well and developer doesn’t care so I guess it’s more or less dead end there excepted if someone else wants to try (I can forward all docs I got from manufacturers). Be careful that LED bulbs are often not dimmable or only with specific dimmers…

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

Fair. After using way to many hours on both research and thinking of a smart hack, i ended up giving my money to Aeotec, and bought two Nano Dimmers and a Z-wave stick, too.

Good luck with Z-Wave, never succeeded to keep a Z-Wave system stable and efficient (unless I live in a 60m2 flat…) so hope you have more chances with it !

1 Like