Wifi kWh meter

I see that you are based in Belgium. HomeWizard.nl may have something suitable…

https://www.homewizard.nl/shop/energy/homewizard-wi-fi-kwh-meter
Looks interesting, it has MID calibration as well.

But before buying it, I would like to be sure if Home Assistant is able to read power consumption/injection, and the counter state.

I allready bought a similar Tuya based kWh counter/switch, because Tuya is supported in HA, I can switch it off and on, but HA is not able to read the kWh values.

It has pulse count outputs, and my solar panel counters also have pulse counter outputs.
Would one esp based device be powerfull enough to read 3 different pulse contacts, and the P1 port of my dsmr counter ?
In that case I could perhaps add some additional sw to an esp 8266 device that can read the dsmr meter.

Probably best if you ask the person who created the custom integration for the HomeWizard WiFi P1 Meter. He works for the HomeWizard company. See this thread:

I’m quite certain it’s powerful enough. The 8266 and 32 is very similar and I do a lot more with a 32 (only big difference is its sleep mode) which controls 2 ultrasonic sensors, 2 relays, 2 Hall sensors and its Wi-Fi (for garage doors and occupancy).

Check out CircuitSetup.us. They sell an expandable esp32 based energy meter which can publish values to mqtt over wifi. It’s a little bit DIY but works really well for me.

Additional details can be found on their github page

@gcoupe Thank you for the heads-up!
Yes, HomeWizard sells a WiFi kWh meter, bases on the ESP32. They promised that it will add an open API in the near future, and my integration is ready to use it when it becomes available. And if you have a DSMR meter you can use the WiFi P1 meter.

The API exposes the actual usage at that moment (per phase if you have a 3 phase meter) and totals (import and export). Please let me know if you want to know more.

Hi Unsigus, It looks like you have done a good job integrating the P1 meter into HA.
I did not find any information about that on the Homewizard site, so would it be possible to answer some additional questions ?

• Does the P1 meter also support the Belgian DSMR5.x meter ?
  • Does it expose all obis elements that are sent on the P1 port, and how can I obtain them in HA (here is a telegram coming from my meter Siconia T211)
0-0:96.1.4(50213)
0-0:96.1.1(3153414733313030313332373136)
0-0:1.0.0(210109155610W)
1-0:1.8.1(000383.479*kWh)
1-0:1.8.2(000373.034*kWh)
1-0:2.8.1(000411.964*kWh)
1-0:2.8.2(000177.710*kWh)
0-0:96.14.0(0002)
1-0:1.7.0(00.596*kW)
1-0:2.7.0(00.000*kW)
1-0:32.7.0(240.3*V)
1-0:52.7.0(239.2*V)
1-0:72.7.0(239.3*V)
1-0:31.7.0(002*A)
1-0:51.7.0(000*A)
1-0:71.7.0(001*A)
0-0:96.3.10(1)
0-0:17.0.0(999.9*kW)
1-0:31.4.0(999*A)
0-0:96.13.0()
!A9E6
/FLU5\253769484_A
  • The meter sends a telegram every second, do also send info to HA every second ?
  • Is it possible to receive the data in HA and in the Homewizard app at the same time ?

Do you have an idea when an api will be available for the kWh meter as well, I would like to have the data from my solar panels in HA as well?

What you need is Emporia Vue 2 :slight_smile:

I have 32 circuits being monitored. Excellent piece of hardware.

a ZMAI-90. I have 6 of them, they work well

Great questions! I have to say that you have to contact HomeWizard Support for ‘real’ support. But because these questions are so technical, I can answer them here.

First of all, you can find the API documentation here.

• Does the P1 meter also support the Belgian DSMR5.x meter ?
    The P1 meter supports all DSMR5 meters we have seen so far, even Belgian. But keep an eye on the T1 and T2 totals, they are swapped in Belgium.

• Does it expose all obis elements that are sent on the P1 port, and how can I obtain them in HA (here is a telegram coming from my meter Siconia T211)
    Two things: (1) You can get the raw telegram and parse it somehow, so you can get all datapoints. But (2) you can also make a request to get parsed data in JSON format, my integration makes use of this method. This method only exposes the datapoints available in the app and because of that, only those datapoints are available in HA. (actual usage, totals and gas information)

• The meter sends a telegram every second, do also send info to HA every second ?
    The API is based on polling and always exposes the last known data. The integration checks if the meter is a DSMR5, when so, it polls every second. In the worst case you are 1 second ‘behind’. With older meters it polls every 10 seconds (I’m planning to make this configurable).

• Is it possible to receive the data in HA and in the Homewizard app at the same time ?
    Yes :slight_smile:

• Do you have an idea when an api will be available for the kWh meter as well, I would like to have the data from my solar panels in HA as well?
    I can’t give any exact dates.

Hope this helps!

It’s not DIN rail mounted but the IotaWatt that I linked to earlier can be mounted anywhere really. It then uses CT’s to monitor up to 14 circuits. Integrates well with HA and is user friendly. No need for any cloud services either, all local data.

@ Unsigus

Thanks for the info, I just ordered the P1 meter and am looking forward to integrate it in my HA.

1 Like

Do you know if the kWh meter api is already available.
Recently installed solar panels, but would like to know what it is producing.

I’m using the Shelly 3em:

From my point of view it’s the best an easiest solution on the (swiss) market.

I don’t like the shelly app, but you just gonna need it for installing.

I’ve visualized it with Grafana:

HomeWizard has released the API for the HomeWizard kWh meter to public. If you have the latest app version, you can enable the API in the app and use my integration to integrate it in Home Assistant (available in HACS).

I’ve updated the HomeWizard Energy integration so the Wifi kWh meter can be used with the new Energy dashboard.

Please take a look here: [Custom Component] HomeWizard Energy (Wifi P1 meter and kWh meter)

Hi @DCSBL do you know if the API is there for the WiFi kWh meter of HomeWizard. (sorry, just read the last post and the API is released)

And do you know if you can switch the power on and off? Like a Home Plug?

I would like that as I want to switch off my SolarPanels when the electricity price is below 0 :slight_smile:

Yes, you can add the kWh meter to Home Assistant with the HomeWizard Energy integration. The API is released about a year ago.

The kWh meter is not equipped with a relay or something like that. You can use the EnergySocket as it also measures export for that, but that one is limited to 16 amps.

Follow this thread to learn more about the integration: HomeWizard Energy (Wifi P1 meter, kWh meter and Energy Socket)

Thanks for the great device, I wish you also had a PV diverter to match it with. I want redirect all surplus power from solar panels to water heater, but not with a simple on/off switch, but more precise with power modulation, so I am building my own wifi device based on esp8266 and triacs.