Wifi Landscape Lighting (ESPHome?)

I did several LED controllers with esphome, and it’s simple and fast and easy and has been dead reliable.

I want to do some kind of landscape lighting, but I do not think I want tape lighting even if I can get everything waterproof.

Are there ESPHome, or similar cloud-free Wifi (or even zwave) landscape lights, preferably RGB capable so on holidays I can do some special color programs.

I’ve found quite a few that work with cloud accounts, e.g. tuya but also a ton of knockoffs, but I really don’t want to depend on someone’s cloud (whether or not free), I want it to be local only.

Linwood

I recently put in some 12v AC garden lights, dumb ones. The light the path through several tricky bits of hillside on the way to the spa pool.

I am going to control them with a esphome converted power board, so just on and off. I also intend to add some colour wled controllable ones like this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32833428208.html. They are controllable like a “tape” but I think are a better format for hanging around the garden. Allegedly waterproof, we shall see.

The Tuya ones should work with Tuya-Convert to make them local-only.

Now that’s something I had not run across and looks like just the thing. Thank you.

1 Like

If you are in AU/NZ there were some outdoor lights posted about in the Australia thread recently. Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Well I just had 4 X 5m ip67 ws2812b outside my place on the patio railing just during Xmas, and I was quite surprised at the amount of weathering and discolouration of the lead cables, and power inject cables. There were barely out there for a month, yet they looked like they were there for a year. if there directly exposed to the sun you may want to get out the SPF40+.

I think you are in Australia aren’t you? So it was summer rather than winter (and if so we know you have had a hot one!)

1 Like