WiFi PowerPet Door

The only suggestion that I can make is to telnet to port 3000 of the door’s IP address, to confirm that it answers and that you are using the correct IP address…

Yeah that works fine (unfortunately?). I’m also very careful to terminate the session cleanly before trying to run my integration, as these doors are apparently very temperamental about only having 1 client connected.

I’m thinking something is broken with the config workflow and I’m hoping someone else here can share how to manually configure in YAML files?

1 Like

Is this still an active functioning product? I need to replace our current dumb dog door, and think that even though the high tech door is a bit pricey if it can integrate to HA that would be amazing for our home.

Thank you!

@corporategoth’s driver is actively being maintained, and AFAIK High Tech Pet is still in business. They are also still selling repair parts on their web site.

My only tip is to look at YouTube for “hacks” to make standard coin cell batteries work in the collar ultrasonic transmitter, because their proprietary replacement batteries are pricey…

Thank you for your reply, I was considering their rechargeable collar that is now available.

What rechargeable collar? The only one that I see is the rechargeable shock collar for the invisible fence, which for some reason is also listed under the power pet door…

It does indeed also work with the pet door. And the charge does last quite a while (a month-ish?) … and then you just pop it on the charger overnight and put it back on, and back in business. It’s what I’m using now.

Interesting! Don’t know if the $125 TCO will pan out versus generic coin cell batteries in our case, especially with our aging OCD psycho dog…

I moved house a year and a half ago. Had to get a new power pet door (since the old one was embedded in the wall of the old house).

So got this collar with the new door, and I’m happy that I don’t need to keep replacing batteries or tearing apart the ‘proprietary’ cells to put in generic batteries. This is much easier.

1 Like