Wifi smart switches and PIR sensor - any integration in HA possible?

This can happen when you don’t look properly when ordering Zigbee products :frowning: It looks like I have purchased Wifi switches. So I thought „hey no prob just connect to Wifi and then to MQTT“ but wrong. I connected to the devices via app but presumably they only connect to a Tuya system.

Is there any way to integrate those devices into HA?

You might have to open them up and look for the chips used.
It might be that ESPHome or OpenBekwn can be flashes on it.

The core Tuya integration (cloud based) or LocalTuya from HACS.

1 Like

Many thanks I will try the Local Tuya @ HACS

You have “noticed”
that the first pic, is b/g/ h
And the second is b/g/ n

For you to use /h , and not send your WIFI back to stone age on /g , then you need appliances capable of using /h … i.e Ardino, and maybe ESPHome (it’s most likely an ESP8266 or ESP32 chip in that device) but you need a library, specific for /h

It’s definitely not an ESP8266, because 802.11h is a 5MHz standard and ESP8266 does not support that.
I’m not even sure if all the ESP32 support 5MZh either.

https://www.google.com/search?q=802.1h%2FRFC1042+ESP&client=firefox-b-d&sca_esv=591310239&ei=5798ZY3rKKqrwPAP2YCCEA&ved=0ahUKEwjN-vK5rJKDAxWqFRAIHVmAAAIQ4dUDCBA&uact=5&oq=802.1h%2FRFC1042+ESP&gs_lp=Egxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAiEjgwMi4xaC9SRkMxMDQyIEVTUDIHECEYoAEYCjIHECEYoAEYCjIHECEYoAEYCkjuIFDjClicEHABeACQAQCYAYABoAHTAqoBAzEuMrgBA8gBAPgBAeIDBBgBIEGIBgE&sclient=gws-wiz-serp

Maybe i mixed it up with 802.1h :wink: … anyhow i find it peculiar, maybe that device is mend for Arduino , i dunno

802.11h arduino

I’d bet BIG money that “h” is simply a typo/misprint for “n”.

That or it has radar-capabilities, or simply just 20 years old :laughing: … i guess he will find out soon, and hopefully update here, When he tangle himself into Local-tuya

BTW @ Cabletwister, i recently change my Local-Tuya to a Fork of the “official” , as it seems like this Fork is more frequent maintained

GitHub - xZetsubou/hass-localtuya: 🔹 A Home Assistant integration to handle Tuya devices locally "fork from localtuya" ( also available through HACS )

Local Tuya - Control Tuya devices locally (Fork from localtuya).

1 Like

Many thanks for the link to the Local Tuya fork.

It may sound funny but in the current setup I would not even notice which b/g/n/h version it is - my IoT WLAN unfortunately has to support some stone-age standards like e.g. my lawnmower.

Currently I try to set up my Zigbee network correctly and reliable. Once I am running out of Zigbee breakers and/or have areas where I have WLAN but no chance to get Zigbee to work, I will install those.

1 Like