Wifiplug , Jinvoo Smart and Sensibo

Dears,
Im planning to move home-assistant from smartthings but i want to make sure the below devices supported

Wifiplug

Jinvoo Smart (Cheap plug)

Sensibo

if not how can i add them ?

For Jinvoo Smart, we need a Python module to interface with them. The protocol has been partially figured out, there is a node module for this GitHub - codetheweb/tuyapi: 🌧 An easy-to-use API for devices that use Tuya's cloud services. Documentation: https://codetheweb.github.io/tuyapi.

That logic could be put into a Python script (I have something mostly working, I actually had problems running tuyapi).

If you want to pitching, take a look at Automatically aquire needed parameters · Issue #2 · codetheweb/tuyapi · GitHub

I’ve implemented basic support for Jinvoo switches, see https://github.com/clach04/python-tuya

NOTE getting the key and id is sort of a pain.

How do I incorporate the work by clach04 into my HA installation?

Check out:

I was not able to fins a file called tuya.py in your repository. If I understand the instructions properly, I need to out tuya.py in the custom_components/switch directory and add the annotation in my config.

All I get is this

Failed config
General Errors:
- Platform not found: switch.tuya

@stevendom57 Just saw this! I’ve not tried using the HA component. I would imagine its looking for pytuya, which it would pickup from dependencies from the init.py file (in Python a directory with a file like that is considered the same as the name of the dir but with a .py on the end).

If you are interested in the plugin, the PR is the place to comment (e.g. you could help with documentation if things are not clear).

Hi. I just recently moved to HA and already had a plug controlled by Jinvoo. Anybody figured this out?
Thanks in advance!

Jinvoo can connect to the Tuya app, which has a component

Thanks. Figured that out. I’ve made the change at the GitHub page but still it’s not updated. You need to add jinvoo_smart to the platform variable