Window open, climate off

Was my mistake, I’m trying again, I revert the code without parallel and works as expected, thank a lot, something mysterious happened today at morning

Due to some limitation, a Shelly TRV doesn’t come back to the initial setting (temperature). Is it possible to toggle the preset instead of the HVAC (“operation” in UI)? Or do you think of a workaround? Thanks in advance.

Interesting! Thanks for Testing my blueprint with Shelly TVR.
I think here is the problem as the thermostat does not have an ‘off’ state.

I need to think how we can handle it.

1. Storing the temperature needs an additional helper that needs to be created manually.
  2. Setting the temperature to its minimum is a solution but it would be exclusive for Shelly.
  3. Ask shelly to upgrade their firmware.

I have the same behaviour with a Zwave thermostat that is 8 years old. Turning off should be supported and I think more users will claim it

Hi. I’m using your blueprint and you’ve done a wonderful work!
I wonder if there was a way to detect when the door/window is open for a given time (e.g. 2 minutes) and then stop the cycle of the automation.
Better explained, I want it to work as it is intended to be, so I open the door and the climate stops, I close it and it restores the previous HVAC mode but I wanted to stop the automation if the door was open for more than X time and keep the climate device off.

Regards,
Handryck

You can use the optional action part for that. Choose a delay e.g. 5 min and then a call service ‘automation turn off’ and choose the automation (you need to create the automation first)!

How are you going to turn on the automation again?

Thanks.
Well, I don’t actually know how to turn it on again, I didn’t think of that. Would that work if instead of calling the service for automation stop I just use a normal “stop” command after the given delay of time under an if-else condition?
For instance, as the normal “stop command” I mean the one that can be chosen under the actions button.

That’s my actual idea.
“Aperto” means “Open”.

Okay, is that what you want:

1. Door is opened and turns off the climate/heater
  2. After 5 minutes the climate/heater should be turned on again unless the door is still open

I am not sure what you want to stop.
The heater not heating?

Not really.
My explanation was bad, let me be more precise:

What I want is:

1. Door is opened and turns off the climate, just what your blueprint does normally.
  2. Let’s say the door is still open and the climate is still off by the automation, I want that if the door remains open for e.g. 5 minutes it will NOT turn on the climate again. If that time hasn’t passed yet the automation works normally so it turns on the climate again.
    I just want to stop the automation if the door has been open for too much time (e.g. 5 min). Of course, when I turn on the climate again the automation cycle should reset and start over.

I hope this explanation was understandable.

Regards

So if the door is opened for more than 5 minutes, the blueprint stop the blueprint. If the door is closed, it can not turn_on the climate because the automation was stopped/canceled.

If climate entity will be turned_on manually, by another automation or script, the blueprint will trigger again and work as expected.

I have just tested it with the stop command after the delay. I think it is what you are looking for.

It stops the current automation and does not affect any change of the door sensor unless the climate is set to any other state than off

That’s exactly what I was looking for, but I tested it and doesn’t work.
When I open the door, it doesn’t even turn_off the climate before the delay (in this case 5 minutes), it just drops the blueprint execution.
Is there a way to stop the execution ONLY when the door has been opened for more than 5 minutes?

Try without TTS

Doesn’t work even without TTS :frowning:
It seems that it breaks the blueprint itself…

Please share the trace

Here’s the trace.

Regards,
Handryck

I noticed that the trace I sent doesn’t show the stop command in it.
So here’s an updated one.

A fix for my issue has been committed in Shelly’s integration. Thanks for your assistance!

I did some testing and came to the solution that your request cannot be handled by my blueprint. The delay in the optional Action part is ignored and directly stops the automation. I do not know if it is a strange behavior of Home Assistant / Blueprint or something else.

Solution

At the moment, the only solution you have is to create an additional automation that switches off the climate automation
Bildschirmfoto 2023-01-26 um 09.38.35

description: ""
mode: single
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - binary_sensor.door_window_sensor_x
    to: "on"
    for:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 5
      seconds: 0
condition: []
action:
  - service: automation.turn_off
    data: {}
    target:
      entity_id: automation.window_open_climate_off_after_a_defined_time

You can turn on the climate automation again by using the service: service: automation.turn_on in a button or in an automation.

1 Like

Thanks. Will try it out. :smiley:

Great! That’s the right way. I am glad I could help!
Please keep us updated if the blueprint is working with the updated firmware of Shelly TVR.

Also, any other feedback on the Shelly thermostat is highly appreciated!