Windows RPC shutdown sleep instead of full shutdown

I’m using the RPC shutdown addon along with a wake on LAN switch and I can successfully wake up and shutdown my Windows PC. However, I rarely/never want to fully shutdown my Windows machine. I want a way to just put the machine to sleep. Is there a way to modify the settings either in Windows or in Hassio/RPC shutdown to have the command put the computer to sleep instead of shutting down completely?

1 Like

Have a read of this:

I use EventGhost with MQTT plugin to hibernate my pc, but there might be easier ways to do this.

I did see that thread, but the command there only works from a Windows machine. As noted, I’m using the RPC shutdown addon on Hassio. Later in the thread: Hibernate and Wake up your Windows PC he responds to someone asking for a linux command and it’s the same command I assume the RPC shutdown addon is using:

net rpc shutdown -f IPADDRESS -U USERNAME%PASSWORD

Yeah, I had a similar setup when I was using SmartThings, though I was hoping to go with something a bit simpler. The builtin nature of the net rpc shutdown is attractive, but I’d like something like “net rpc sleep” instead.

2 Likes