WIthings config

I’m getting the redirect_uri_mismatch error as well, and when I inspect the URL it’s using my IP address and port instead of my domain name. I have my instance of Home Assistant running in Docker and accessible to the internet through Traefik reverse proxy. How do I get Home Assistant to use the domain assigned by the Traefik config?

Nevermind, I forgot to set the base_url in the configuration.yaml

Can you explain this a little bit more in detail? I’m using a Nabu Casa Cloud if that matters…

1 Like

hmm - I am stuck again.

I get this error when I try to add this integration… any thoughts?

{"errors":[{"message":"redirect_uri_mismatch: The redirect URI provided is missing or does not match partner callback url"}]}

oh found the mistake… i had an error in my configuration file. just had to make sure this was correct:

http:
  base_url: https://mydomain.duckdns.org

how frequent withings updates are? Im thinking of getting their sleep pad https://www.withings.com/eu/en/sleep-analyzer and wonder if its going to be possible to know i woke up instantly or is there gonna be a significant delay?

I wonder if anyone can help with a basic question. After an upgrade to 2021.3.1 on my RaspberryPi HA setup the Withings integration stopped working. I decided to remove and re-add it. This all works fine - I get directed to the Withings website, authorise the app, but when I return to Home Assistant I have a dialogue asking for a Profile name.
“Provide a unique profile name for this data. Typically this is the name of the profile you selected in the previous step”. My problem is there was no profile in the previous step, and I can not remember what I populated this field with when I originally set it up. I’m sure I’m missing something obvious. Can anyone help?
Thanks
Davy

Same here.
After I upgraded to 2021.3.1, Withings integration doesn’t work anymore.
I downgraded HA to 2021.2.3, it works well again.

Same for me. Stopped working and I wasn’t able to get it to run again.
After reinstalling the integration it redirects to the Withings confirmation page. After confirmation it directs the browser to my Nabu Casa page, but that never loads. The authentication stays unconfirmed and the integration does not work.

maybe it is caused by the breaking changes with 2021.3 on HTTP: base_url ?

I’m also experiencing issues (apart from daily re-authorisation before) starting with 2021.3

Same problem after the update.

I can configure withings but I have no entities available.

Looks like I picked the wrong time to add this to my smart home! I am also unable to get it running. Just arrive today so I never ran it on the older versions.

Looks like I have to downgrade to get this working, but who wants to do that! :slight_smile:

After the daily re-auths I got annoyed of it and removed the integration myself. But to chime in, a couple of days ago I got an email from Withings with an announcement of breaking (future) changes:

Important: Deprecating access and refresh tokens endpoints
As part of our continual improvement, we are migrating the OAuth 2.0 endpoints. The deprecated services will continue to operate normally until September 2021 . Please review the article below to get more information on the breaking change.

[BREAKING] Deprecating access and refresh tokens endpoints

They’re also releasing their new SDK in that same email:
Announcing the new Withings SDK version

So I fully suspect that some work will need to be done to this integration before Sept 2021. Maybe someone that is still using this integration could open a feature request so developers can start working on it.

have problem with setting up the Withings integration. I’m getting this error under the Integration panel.

Retrying setup: ‘Arrow’ object has no attribute ‘int_timestamp’

I have followed the advanced instructions.

did you ever get this sorted… i have a similar problem… it only pulls sensors from my scales but not my watch

I have a set of Withings scales, I have setup the integration successfully but I dont seem to get any data coming through, and I routinely get asked to reauthenticate.

Is this integration broken or does it work for others?

I have given up on this integration, it was very hit and miss before but yesterday I had an email from withings saying they are changing their API so it’s definitely not going to work now.

I have the integration working with my Withings account. I have the sleep mat and a scale, though I mainly use it for the in_bed detection feature of the sleep mat. It works fine right now, though I do get asked for reauthorization once a week or sometimes every other week.

Withings announced last year that they were going to change the API in February, and the recent e-mail is just a reminder that it’s happening. It’s not just that the URLs for the endpoints are changing, but the content of the responses for authorization are changing, too. It’s already been filed as an issue with the core integration.

Home Assistant integrations are generally implemented in two parts - the core integration and a python API that actually talks to the hardware/service. In this case Withings cloud/service API is changing, so the underlying python API needs to change first. That python API is located on GitHub, so you can check out details there. There have been several recent PRs related to this issue. Once the python API is updated, the Home Assistant integration code can be updated (if necessary) to use the new API version. It looks like there are several folks working on it actively, and if you’d like to speed it along, feel free to contribute.