Withings Scales

Updated to 0.100.2 with the fix from Vangorra. Integration and authorisation work fine but I also get a huge number of errors in the log. But I get the data into HA as I want to.
When I used the files as custom_components I did’t get the errors but on the other hand I was told constantly that I had a new integration ready for configuring (even though it was configured all ready)
Did anyone find a solution for the error messages

@SeanM. Did you find an explanation / fix for all the error messages? Is it at HA end or at the API end?

Hi @Bluhme
can you summarize how you get it workinkg?
thanks

Here’s a feature request:
When I install the integration, it generates around 30 sensors with all kind of data about sleep, heart rate, etc. Since I only have a Withings scale, I am only interested in my weight data.

Maybe the developer could create Include / Exclude options so I only see the sensors I am interested at.
Thanks!

1 Like

You can do this by disabling the sensors you don’t want from the Entity Registry (Sidebar > Configuration > Entities). You will have to do it one at a time, but it can be done. I do think your feature request sounds useful and more convenient though.

Seems as if the Withings API now supports sleep events:

[01/10/2019] Notify : subscribing to sleep events is now possible. Sleep events are triggered when users get in or get out of the bed. To get more information, please go to Notify - Subscribe.

grafik

So now we need to find someone who’s able to modify / update the current Home Assistant integration :wink:

5 Likes

Looks like the python-withings-api has the updated features, but adding this into the HA integration is beyond me.

If that’s your externap address then yes.

You may also need the following in your configuration.yaml

Copy to clipboard

http:
  base_url: https://xxxfake.ui.nabu.casa

I’m considering to buy a Withings scale. Is the scale supported by HA or not?

@Manuel82 yes it is supported.

Is it possible to implement this function:
Get temperature sensors from withings scale and CO2

I am trying to setup withings integration, following this tutorial.

When I click on the ‘+’ in configurations, I can find the ‘withings’, but then nothing happens.
I see this in my logs:

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/withings/common.py", line 1090, in redirect_uri
    url = get_url(self.hass, allow_internal=False, prefer_cloud=True)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/network.py", line 72, in get_url
    raise NoURLAvailableError
homeassistant.helpers.network.NoURLAvailableError

I’d also REALLY like this capability. My withings scale is in my bedroom, so it would save me adding another temperature sensor there. My Homebridge setup brings this back, along with air quality. Home assistant has entities for this but it brings back no data.

Am I missing something obvious here…?

1 Like

These are just data points that are in the withings api.

You need specific Withings devices to populate them or manually enter the data on their website. Spo2 needs an oximeter (watch), and temperature is from their thermometer.

I think there was an older Withings scale that measured air quality, but that feature was deprecated long ago AFAIK.

Is it possible to display several profiles (we have several users from my family) in the Home Assistant?

Feature request: the HA app can’t pull activity data directly from HealthKit, but some of this (distance, steps, etc) makes it into Withings, and it looks like it should be possible to pull this into HA. Please add activity data?
https://developer.withings.com/oauth2/#operation/measurev2-getactivity

1 Like

@fastender you can do this now. Once you have all your users set up in the Withings account just add multiple instances of the integration; it will forward you to the withings website where you select the new user each time you add the integration.

I am looking into setting this up. What is the call back URL that is required to create the withings account? I don’t use Nabu Casa as noted in the documentation.

+1 This would be very valuable

It’s in the documentation:
https://<MY_DOMAIN_NAME>/auth/external/callback